Friday, April 26, 2013

Happy Birthday to You Friend!


I had joined a card swap where the challenge was to make a card using pink and black only. It was a bit harder to come up than it sounded like it would be when I joined the swap. The pink patterned paper is from Basic Grey. I can't remember the paper packs name (sorry). The silhouette on the front is from SVG Cuts (svgcuts.com) in the collection called Kate's Silhouettes. The pink and black cardstock and the button are from my stash. The card is a Joy Fold Card. It is only the 2nd of this type I have made as I just learned the technique for it this month. I found an excellent tutorial at Split Coast Stampers by Beate Johns. Check it out and give this card fold a try. I saw a bunch of cute cards using the technique when I was searching the web. When opened the sentiment reads "Happy Birthday to You Friend." The stamp is from Unity Stamp Company and comes in the Maggie Girl (It's Your Birthday) set. I am entering this card into four challenges. Hope you like it!
 
 

 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. So adorable! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime and at Pause Dream Enjoy challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute silhouette!! Perfect CAS card!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card! Love the pink and black. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Creations. I hope you get to join us again real soon.

    ReplyDelete