Friday, December 6, 2013

Nativity Tags


A friend of mine was wanting some gift tags for her Christmas packages. She asked me if I could make some that are biblically based. I was so excited she asked as I thought immediately of the nativity scene files that My Scrap Chick has. I've had them for awhile; and now that I have made them, I wonder what took me so long. These files are super cute!!! I apologize for the slightly blurry photos. I promised her I would mail them today, so that left me taking pictures at the wrong time of the day. You can find the cut files here - My Scrap Chick Christmas Files.

I used several brands of cardstock from my stash for the paper piecings and the tag base back. The tag base front DP is from one cool company - Carta Bella. Love their paper!!! It is a release from last year called Merry & Bright. The colors are so bright and fun, and the paper is a thick cardstock that is so nice to craft with. If you haven't tried a Carta Bella paper before, I recommend you look them up. Great stuff. I distressed using Memento and Color Box inks. The back of the tags have To: and From: stamped on them. I used my Sizzix Eclips to cut the svg files. Six of the tags stand 5" tall and the other two are 4.4" tall. Now that I have made them I have decided that the next ones that I make with have some embossing on them. With that said though, I did make two extra sets like these ones and they will be for sale on my FB page. Please stop by and have a look. They will be posted shortly.

https://www.facebook.com/MMirandaCreations
I will enter these into the following challenges:
Creative Corner: Traditional Christmas
Card Crafter's Circle: #104 Celebrations
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: #236 Christmas
Paper Crafting Journey: It's Christmas Time (Ends Jan. 15)
Cute Card Thursday: Eternal Flame
Craftin' Desert Divas: #20 Tags
Word Art Wednesday: #109 Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Love to Create: Holiday Gift/3D Project
Dream Valley Challenges: Anything but a Card
Feeling Crafty: #23 Christmas (Coll. Closed)
Heck of a Challenge: Colourful Christmas
Creative Craft Challenges 2: #24 Non traditional Christmas Colours

21 comments:

  1. Just saw your creation at Creative Fingers and had to come take a closer look. These are simply fabulous tags. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my these are just gorgeous. Cutting files must be so handy. The tags are beautiful. Thank you for entering this wonderful work of art with us
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, love your sweet nativity characters.
    Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Melissa! Congratulations on your win at our Facebook page! Your tags are just too adorable. I know your friend will be delighted with these beautifully crafted tags! Thanks so much for dropping them off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tags, thank you for joining us this week. Don't forget our DT Call.

    Jo and the CRAFT Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely ! I love them !! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas !

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are ALL adorable!!!
    hank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. New google follower.
    Would love if you joined us at 2 Creative Chicks Challenge.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥



    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute - perfect for children. Thanks for sharing them with us at Totally Papercrafts

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa, your friend is sure to be over the moon with these tags, they are fabulous, thank you for sharing with us at Feeling Crafty this month, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are really fabulous gift tags and would look great adorning any package - thanks so much for joining us this week at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tags a simply precious!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Craftin Desert Divas!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how cute are these tags. Great project. Thanks for sharing at Creative Corner.
    Nancy,DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous tags! thanks for joining us at Love to Create this week! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tags are soooo cute ! I love them. Thanks so much for playing Long with us on CCT this week.
    Hugs
    Wynneth
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. These tags are awesome. Love your patience in putting those images together. Sure came out wonderful. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with God's Word in Proverbs 18:10 which says, "The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." God bless, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo Ann, for such an encouraging comment. May the Lord continue to bless you as you turn people toward him.

      Delete
  17. Really cute tags, wonderful colours.. your friend will be so happy with them! Thanks for joining us at HOA challenge!
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully done! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are fab tags. Love them.

    Thanks for sharing at Dream Valley.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete