Saturday, September 26, 2015

Mr & Mrs - Bridal Shower Card

Wow, this has been a slow month for me in a crafty sense. I do have a few projects finished, but I haven't found the time to share them. I hope to remedy that in the next few days!!!

Today I have a card to share though. We had a wonderful bridal shower at the church this afternoon to celebrate the marriage of a beautiful young couple. Those who put it together did a great job! I wanted to make a card to give today since my gift was being shipped directly to them. As I was thinking about what to make, I remembered a card that Vivian Lake had made as a DT project for the PDE Linky Party a couple of months back. Yes, I'm even inspired by my DT sisters!!! Vivian does such wonderful work and I knew that I wanted to design my card after the fashion of hers.


I started with a 5x5" card base using a 110# cardstock. The black layer is cut at 4 3/4x4 3/4" and then the designer paper from Recollections Valentine 6x6 pad was cut at 4 5/8 x 4 5/8". The border strip is about 1 1/2" in height. The Mr and Mrs cut file is from Miss Kate Cuttables and is layered on red, pink and white cardstock. I used three self-adhesive jewels to add a finishing touch. The jewels didn't photograph well at all though and the photo makes me think of sauder spots.

For some but not all of the inking on this card, I actually used something beside my favorite Memento inks. I have recently bought some of the Mini Distress Ink kits and used a couple of the colors here.

If you want to see Vivian's original card, you can find it on this PDE Linky Party post here.

Thank you all for dropping in today.

Blessings,
                        

Challenges:

4 comments:

  1. WOW Melissa this is super I love the design and your colors. I need to check these out!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes SEPTEMBER Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying this again, very pretty card and die cut.
    Thanks for playing along over at DL.ART!

    Hugs, Lori m
    littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com
    DL.ART DT Member

    ReplyDelete