Thursday, October 31, 2013

Dying to Send a Treat to School!


The boys took treat boxes this morning to hand out to friends at school today. Since this is our 1st year in our new school, I'm not sure how well it will go over. Only one note was sent home from a teacher mentioning a class party, but there was no mention of the teacher needing help. This is a new experience for me. We spent four years in a school were parents were encouraged to be in the class room all the time, especially on holidays having big class parties. But true to my desire to do something special for them and their classmates whenever I can, I decided to send some Tombstone boxes. I made 55 boxes and have parts lying around that could be used to make a few more.
 The tombstone box is part of the Gimme Candy Boxes Kit from SVG Cuts. I used AC cardstock, BasicGrey DP, and Me and My Big Ideas Halloween Mambi Sheets to complete my project as well as a few miscellaneous papers from my stash. Again I used Memento Ink to ink my edges. On the teacher's version I added pearls. On the inside I stuffed Kraft Paper Crinkle (from Michaels) around Kit Kats and Rolos candies. The teacher's version was made at about 90% the original file size and the boxes for the kids were downsized to 60%.
I will submit this to the following challenges:
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog: Challenge 151 - Add Black or Bling
Stuck on You Sketches: October 18 Die Cut Challenge - Autumn Goodies
Craft Your Passion: Challenge 186 - Halloween
Creative Cutting Challenge: Challenge 21 - Halloween, Not a Card
Parade Your Crafts: Challenge #7 - Halloween and/or Autumn
Craftin Desert Divas: Linky Party #18 - Anything Goes
Die Cuttin' Divas: Challenge #139 - Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. This is super cute and I can't believe that you made 55 of them! What a great Mom! Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon!!
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, these are Spook-eriffic! Love the DP's and design. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges this week; hope you join us again next week!

    Amy~DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Halloween scene.........love the candy boxes. Thanks for sharing this with us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute!! Love your treat boxes :)

    Thank you for sharing with us at craftin Desert Divas.
    Have a great day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome creations. Thanks for joining us over at Craft Your Passion,
    ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous boxes!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Add black ir bling" challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge on Wednesday.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Anything Goes“ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable! I am sure the kids and the teacher loved them. :)

    Thanks for joining us at the Craftin Desert Divas "Anything Goes" Linky Party!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. These treats are so cute! Love all the fun decorations.Thanks for joining us at Parade Your Crafts. Hope to see you next challenge.

    Kim
    www.lilypatchstamps.com

    ReplyDelete