Friday, November 8, 2013

A Wonderful Time of Year!


Christmas is nearing and I'm getting so excited. Deep in the depths of me there has always been a fondness and joy about this time of year. And this year, I have even more to be excited about. Having moved back to the northern regions, I can look forward to the huge possibility that Christmas will be blanketed with snowfall. I can't wait to find out. I truly enjoy many things about Christmas. I really like giving and getting presents. I can't wait to see the smiles on the faces of our kids as they wake up Christmas morning. So much fun!!! I enjoy the lights and the music. Today I went shopping and already the Christmas music was playing. I walked up and down the aisles singing away. I enjoy the musicals and plays that are performed this time of year. But what I love the most about Christmas is that eyes and hearts are turned toward my Lord Jesus. It is a time to remind everyone that the Savior was born. I love it that more people come to church that Sunday before Christmas (or even better when it is Christmas Day) and they get to hear a message about the birth of Jesus. It warms my heart also that more people turn their minds to thinking of giving a helping hand. It truly is a wonderful time of year.

I originally made these cards for a swap I participate in. One of the themes for November is to make 2 small cards (3x3). I downsized the original SVG files for both of these cards to allow them to work. If you enjoy swapping cards, let me know and I can give you details about the group I'm in. The SVG file for the card up top must be a retired file from My Scrap Chick as I can no longer find it in their store. The card to the left is from the Everyday Winter Cards Kit from SVG Cuts.

I will be entering my nativity card into the November Challenge - In the Frame at a Heck of a Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. This is so creative Melissa, so cute!
    Thanks for playing along at HOAC challenge this month and I hope you will join us again soon
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete