Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Whoo Loved Receiving Her Owl!



My sweet Ezra had been asking me for weeks to make his teacher an owl. He had been telling me that owls are her absolute favorite and he wanted to give her one! Well this morning when he woke up, I had a surprise waiting for him. I stayed up late last night and put together this 3D owl. He was so surprised as he thought I would probably just make a card. We opened it up, packed it with Kraft Paper Crinkle (from Michaels) and then added chocolate candy bars and a note of thanksgiving. Ezra constantly praises his teacher. It is a blessing for him to have a teacher that really enjoys her job and is able to so easily motivate her students! Ezra took it to her today and she sent a note home that went like this: "Thank you for the awesome super cute owl. I love it. I showed all my friends." And Ezra said that she truly did take it around all day today at school showing it off to the other teachers. It brings so much joy to be able to give something to someone and have it make them so happy.

The SVG files for the owl came from SVGCuts.com. It is in the Enchanted Autumn kit. The owl is so incredibly well designed that I felt like it had no need for any extra embellishments. I used three shades of brown for it and had all of those in my paper stash. I had found a bunch of brown paper on clearance for .15 a sheet awhile back and had loaded up. The owl's finished dimensions are 5x7x5, so needless to say it makes quite a nice gift container.


I will enter this into the following challenges:

Use It Tuesday: #68 Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze: Use Your Craft Stash
Paper Playtime: #24 Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody: #34 Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: #47 Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness!! I love owls and this is sooooooo cute!!! And you are so right--perfect the way it is, doesn't need anything else!! Thanks for sharing with us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of special things going on here... your son's relationship with his teacher, your relationship with your son and your paper crafting skills among them! This is going to be an incredible memory for Ezra - this blog post helps memorialize it for him! Congratulations to you all and Thank you for playing “Anything Goes” at our house!
    ~ginny DT for 613 Ave Create (http://avenue613.blogspot.com/)
    RubberMAD ( )http://ggetty.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job with the owl Melissa! So perfect for Thanksgiving! I'm sure ever everyone wants Ezra to be in their class next year... because of Ezra's Crafty Mom and her amazing, awesome gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for playing at Paper Playtime. Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    Paper Playtime Challenge Page on Facebook
    Stop by our new linky party blog An Inky Situation and Link Up!
    :) Janis
    Shop Stampin' Up! with Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project! You execution of the design appears flawless and it is beautifully staged and photographed. This is a wonderful gift and I can understand why his teach would show it around, it is unique! Thanks for sharing this with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow amazing and an owl.........how sweet.

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an amazing owl! I really love it! Great teachers deserves great gifts, and this owl is GREAT! Thanks for joining us at Through The Purple Haze :)

    Lisbeth DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is just adorable, thank you for sharing at 613 Avenue Create
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous owl my daughter would love it-a great gift for obviously a great teacher to make school pleasurable -thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Cute! And, such a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this project!! What a really, really neat gift box! I just bought my Silhouette and it is really neat to see the cool things I can make with it. Thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous project!! Super cute. Thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing project! Thank you so much for sharing at Use It Tuesday!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete