Thursday, November 28, 2013

O Come, O Come Emmanuel


I was challenged to make a gatefold card for a card swap. I went to Splitcoast Stampers and found a tutorial by Beate Johns for a Z fold card. I thought I'd give it a try and I really like how it came out. The big ribbon bow slides off to open the card. The ribbon is from my stash (it came off a gift package I received last Christmas) and is wire edged. I like using the wire edge because it is so much easier to shape the bow the way you want it to look. The dp is from an Authentique collection (a collection from last year), and the cardstock is Papertrey Ink and American Craft. The white ink is called Fresh Snow and is from Papertrey Ink. The stamp is from Punkin Patch stamps and the die cut is Spellbinders(2010 Heirloom Ornaments). The pearl embellishments are from HL.


I will enter this card into the following challenges:

Weekly Christmas Card Challenges: #52 Faith
Pile It On: Non-traditional Christmas
Challenges 4 Everybody: #34 Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks: #170 Christmas
Little Red Wagon: #213 Off the Edge
The Sisterhood of Crafters: Handmade
Word Art Wednesday: #108 Anything Goes
The Crafter's Café: #39 Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenges 2: #24 Non-traditional Christmas Colours
Oldie but A Goodie Challenge: Ribbon and/or lace
Use it Tuesday: #68 Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. This is SO pretty, Melissa. I love the blue with the big white ribbon, and the gorgeous sentiment looks awesome on the front. Great job on this lovely card, and thanks so much for sharing it in our challenge this week. We are so blessed to have you join us, and hope that you will stop by again soon to share with us more of your wonderful art.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so pretty! I love your colors, and that big, white bow is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love the colors you chose for this card. And I really like the sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas card. Love the big white bow.. Thanks for playing along with us in our "Non-Traditional Christmas Colours" challenge at Creative Craft Challenges 2 and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! It's always good to see a different fold, and it's good for you to stretch and do one.
    Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL card! Love the fold and color combination! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘HANDMADE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gatefold card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo I love the pattern paper and the fact that you used it on a gate card. It looks very elegant. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creation with us for our Christmas Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love that bow! Thanks for sharing at Use it Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I opened my browser and was instantly hit by how pretty the outside of the card was. And then to find you used so many old products and tried out a new fold? You are awesome, keep up the good work and thanks for sharing at Use It Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was the lucky recipient of this card. I love everything about it and it inspired me to make a gate-fold card (not a Z) but one of these days I will use it as a guide. I must remember to shop for this kind of ribbon - love the way it works and stays. You do fantastic work - keep it up. God bless you. O:)

    ReplyDelete