Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sweet Scarecrow


Well this scarecrow isn't very scary, but instead turned out so super sweet. This is a great paper piecing from My Scrap Chick. You can find it in their Fall Treat Boxes kit. The cardstock is Papertrey Ink and American Craft. The DP is from my stash (sorry can't remember the manufacturer). I wrapped some twine around it and finished it off with a bow. I inked my edges with Memento and Color Box inks. I can see making several more of these. One of my favorites!

I will be entering this into the following challenges:

Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenges: #194 - Add a Bow
Card Crafter's Circle: #102 - Thankful/Thank You
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog: #154 Anything Goes
Die Cutting Divas: #142 - Thanksgiving 
613 Avenue Create: #47 Anything Goes


9 comments:

  1. Melissa, this is a beautifully crafted project! Fabulous color integration throughout the entire design and wonderful texture and balance! Truly a delightful creation and we were thrilled to find it propped against our front door here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa it's not that often that we get paper piecing projects in the challenge I'm so glad you joined us! I love My Scrap Chick and I'm surprised I don't have this one LOL! This is an adorable and festive project :) Have you joined us on FB? I plan on posting this on our FB page! https://www.facebook.com/avenue613

    Thanks for playing in our neighborhood this week at 613 Avenue Create!
    Kathi
    Co-Owner/DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I have joined you on FB. I'd be happy to have you post it. I'm glad I was able to enter your challenge this week as well. I have been blessed by you and Chana both!

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous card! I love the super cute scarecrow! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, your paper pieced card is exceptional. I love all the added details that gives the scarecrow warmth and character. Thanks for sharing it with us at 613 Avenue create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and happy scarecrow image .Lovely creation . Thanks for sharing on Card Crafters Circle

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge…
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge that started yesterday.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete