Saturday, November 30, 2013

For My Hubby


I was challenged to make a manly card for a card swap. One of these was sent to my swap partner and the other I made to give to my hubby as a just because card to thank him for all the wonderful things he does to take care of me and our children. I got word from my swap partner yesterday that she gave hers to her hubby three days ago on his birthday. She said that he just loved it and that it is sitting on his desk. My husband enjoyed receiving his card as well. This is such a great card to give to the men in your life for any occasion - birthday, anniversary, Father's Day, duck season, etc.

The card is all svg files from SVGCuts.com. It comes from the Picnic in the Park kit. I used my Sizzix Eclips to cut out the pieces. The paper I used is an old line by My Mind's Eye called Miss Caroline. I bought a lot of it when it came out a couple of years ago because I liked it so much; but now I am running out of it. There are only a few sheets left of it in my stash. The cardstock is American Craft. I used my Memento and Color Box inks to ink the edges. I like the dimension that inking adds to a project. I also had the pearls in my stash. They were bought from HL.


I will be entering this into the following challenges:

Creative Fingers: #13 Anything Goes (1/3)
Cute Card Thursday: #297 Anything Goes
The Crafter's Café: #39 Anything Goes (2/3)
Use It Tuesday: #68 Anything Goes
Cards for Men: #24 Anything Goes
Paper Playtime: #24 Anything Goes (3/3)
Challenges 4 Everybody: #34 Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Love it! It's perfect for our Anything Goes challenge at Cards for Men. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for playing at Paper Playtime. Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    Paper Playtime Challenge Page on Facebook
    Stop by our new linky party blog An Inky Situation and Link Up!
    :) Janis
    Shop Stampin' Up! with Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Miranda - so glad that you got such lovely feedback from your swap partner. Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers for this weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice card for your hubby! Love the ducks! Thanks for playing along at Use It Tuesday!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete