Saturday, March 1, 2014

Butterfly Flutterby!

It's Sunday, and all the crafty peeps at
613 Avenue Create
are celebrating National Craft Month by using up our stash!
 
 
I have enjoyed bringing you cut file projects the last couple of months and this week is no exception. Today I am using a file from The Cutting Café.
 
This is the Butterfly Treat Box.
 
http://iliketocreate.blogspot.com/
 
http://iliketocreate.blogspot.com/
 
I'm so ready for Spring!!! My first winter in the North in 14 years has been brutal. I did some altering of the file and I love the way it turned out. It has a nice shabby chic look to it in my opinion!
 
http://iliketocreate.blogspot.com/
 
I cut off the top two butterflies on the back piece of the box. It made it simpler for me to add some goodies.

http://iliketocreate.blogspot.com/
 
I also scaled down one of the butterflies and added it to the handle.
 
The cardstock and textured cream paper is from a bulk discount paper store here in the Cleveland area. I can buy cardstock for $1.50 a pound. Woo Hoo!!! In fact, I need to make a trip back. The store is probably 30-40 minutes away, but well worth the drive.
 
The DP is My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Two Blush. It is a 6x6 paper pad that I have had laying around for more than 6 months. I used Trendy Twine's Posy for an antenna for the bottom butterfly and to attach the charm to the ribbon. All of the other embellishments are from my stash. I dug through all my jars to find just the right button and all the gems and pearls are usually bought in bulk from HL or Michaels and I use them until they are gone.
 
A great big thank you to Rick St. Dennis for sponsoring our challenge this week.
 
 
Thank you for coming by. I hope you will pop up to the top right sidebar and hit the follower button. I really enjoy making new crafting friends. If you follow and leave a comment letting me know that you did so, then I will stop by your blog and do the same.
 
Blessings,
                      


1 comment:

  1. This is just gorgeous with the beautiful butterflies. A wonderful gift idea too.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete