Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sweet Easter Chick Treat Box

 
So excited about my post today! Today is my Design Team day for
 
 
http://iliketocreate.blogspot.com/
 
I just can't help it; I am still giddy about being on this team. I have been a huge fan of this company for years and now I get to work with them! So awesome!!!
 
My project today incorporates two files. I made the Pour Box and decorated it with a sweet chick from the Easter Chicks collection.
 
http://iliketocreate.blogspot.com/
 
This is a super sweet box all decorated up for Easter. I enlarged the box to the largest size I could fit on my cutting mat. I then pieced the image of the chick together on my virtual cutting mat and sized it according to how big I wanted it on the side of the box. The box probably measures about 4 inches high this way. The box cuts in one piece. Just score and fold (adding a bit of glue of course. LOL!)!
 
http://iliketocreate.blogspot.com/
 
Kristi and Val designed the spout on the side to be hinged allowing it to open and close. This box could be filled up with so many different kinds of good treats. It would make a great teacher gift, bus driver gift, for a co-worker, or maybe the perfect box of treats for your hubby! So many possibilities and easy to put together.
 
Other ingredients include:
DP: Doodlebug Design's Hello Spring collection
Cardstock: Bazzill (except for the pink egg which is a misc. piece from my stash)
Twine: The Twinery
Tag and Sentiment: My Craft Spot Tiny Tags
 
http://iliketocreate.blogspot.com/
 
I, of course, inked the edges of my project (I use a lot of Memento inks, but I also used some misc. inks for this project.) I finished the tag off with a tiny jewel from my stash (HL) and used my white gel pen to add some doodling to give the image a bit more dimension.
 
I hope you will give this project a try. If you do, I would enjoy seeing your projects. You can share them with me on my FB page at M Miranda Creations.
 
And of course we want to see all your My Scrap Chick projects on the My Scrap Chick FB fan page.
 
Hope you have enjoyed my Easter Treat Box and hope you will come back by again real soon!
 
Blessings,
                     
(I have a few other posts from this last week using My Scrap Chick files. Click the links to check them out. Easter Chick Card, #chillaxin iPod Gift Box, and Precious Little Baby)
 
I will enter this into the following challenges:
Creative Card Crew: #58 Animals
Creative Cutting Challenge: #30 Anything Goes
Cute card Thursday: #313 It's a Wild World
Pause Dream Enjoy: Linky Party #6/Twine It Up
Crafty Calendar Challenge: March/Animal Antics
Simply Create Too: # 57 Animals
My Craft Spot: #130 Anything Goes
Moving Along with the Times: Photo Inspiration
The Sisterhood of Crafters: Animals
The Crafter's Café: #56 Add Doodling


15 comments:

  1. C'est très joli !!
    Merci pour ta participation au creative card crew challenge !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy,, and fun too! Jackie dt @ Pause Dream Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this wonderful project !!! This is soo adorable !!

    Hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW this is so sweet, what an adorable wee duck, Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Love Hazel (didos) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous box. I love it.

    Thanks for sharing at MAWTT.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa: Your pour box is ssssoooo cute--love this little chickie.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, how fun is this! Your box is awesome and what an adorable chickie!! Love this cut file!
    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh now this is darling! I love this little pour box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a super cute and clever little box! Ty for joining us @ Simply Create Too!!

    Amanda
    SCTDT
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time I've seen someone make a "pour" box. Such a great idea. Your's is super cute too. Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge. Hope to see you enter again!
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project.Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew with our animal challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is completely ADORABLE! Everything you create makes me smile. Thank you for Linking Up at Pause Dream Enjoy.
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melissa, what a FABULOUS box!! I've not seen anybody create a pour box like this. What a super idea! Your fun little chick and bright, cheerful papers are super!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  14. Melissa, this is so creative and such a wonderful idea. Thanks for playing along with us here at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love, love it! Lovely project with beautiful colors. Thank for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew. Hope to see you again!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete