Thursday, March 20, 2014

Precious Little Baby

 Today I have a DT project for
 
Simply Create Too

Our Theme: Animals
Please visit the challenge blog and share all your Animal Creations with us!

This week I used a file from My Scrap Chick. I like using their Trio sets. These never disappoint and come with a variety of options for your crafting needs. Often in these sets you will find some kind of box with a matching card and gift tag or maybe a treat topper. Sometimes they include a scrapbook page. There are lots of animal themes for these trios, but also many other themes as well such as the Train Trio.
Today I am working with the Elephant Belly Box Trio.
I decided to use the card to make a baby card for a pretty special little girl that is on her way. I am so excited for the parents of this sweet baby! The baby is due in May and I can hardly wait!

Here is my card.


My cardstock base comes from a paper warehouse near my home. I can buy precut A2 size pieces in a variety of colors for 3 cents each. It is so nice to just score and fold.

The DP is Debbie Mumm's Baby Girl. It is a stack that was created for JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts. I have had it awhile so I am not sure if it is still available.

My grey and pink cardstock for the elephant is American Crafts (AC).

I used Valentine Cherry Cupcake from Trendy Twine to add my tag.



My tag and sentiment comes from My Craft Spot and is from
the Tiny Tags collection. I first stamped the tag and cut it out and then stamped the sentiment. I used Papertrey Ink's Raspberry Fizz ink.
 
The chalk on her cheeks are from Stampin' Up. They are called Stampin' Pastels. I have had them for such a long time and they are still my go to for chalks. Not even sure if Stampin' Up still carries them.

I hope you enjoyed the card and that you will stop by my blog often. Let's be friends. Hit the follower button at the top right and leave a comment letting me do so, and then I will stop by yours and do the : same.
 
Blessings,
                      

I will enter this into the following challenges:
Brown Sugar Challenge: #86 Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity: #168 Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge: #49 Anything Goes
Crafting by Designs: March Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday: #313 It's a Wild World
Pause Dream Enjoy: Linky Party #6/Twine It Up
Created with Love Challenges: #78 Girly Challenge
Creative Cutting Challenge: #30 Anything Goes
Shabby Tea Room: #210 Anything Goes

21 comments:

  1. This is one super cute card, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute elephant. Your doodling makes it just perfect. I am always afraid I will mess up the white gel pen, but I think I should practice more. It sure does add a "pop" to the character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute card. Love the little touches such as the pink chalk cheeks, and white pen doodling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Melissa. Such a cute elephant. I love the details you added to it.

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Brown Sugar. Good luck.

    Lynn, BSCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, so cute.

    Sara, TTPH DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're really lucky to have that paper store so near your home. I'd probably spend my whole paycheck there. This card is adorable. Enjoy the little girl when she comes!

    Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so super sweet and cute! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges!

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE!!! it, I want it now! Super. Jackie PDE dt, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and just lovely...unfortunately we have a limit for 10 challenges.....per card..

    fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how cute! Thanks for joining Through the Purple Haze Challenge.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card, love the detail on the sweet elephant. Thanks for sharing with the CIU blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What I said before...
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable elephant! Love your card. Thanks for joining us at Created with Love Challenges this week.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job with that elephant. Thanks for posting your card at the Sister Act Challenge Blog. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for linking up at Pause Dream Enjoy! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card thanks for joining us at crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the elephant. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so sweet! Love her face...and what a bonus having that warehouse nearby! Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge. Hope to see you enter again!
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing in our Anything Goes challenge at Crafting by Designs this month!
    Mo dt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is adorable! I love all the details! Thanks for playing at CIU!

    ReplyDelete