Thursday, June 5, 2014

Dog Tag

There is a new challenge at
 
 
Theme: #63 Celebrate Your Country
 
We have design members on our team from several different countries, and we know that those entering our challenges are just as diverse; so for the next two weeks, we would love to see a card that uses the Colors of Your Country. Your project does not have to be patriotic; but since I have been in the patriotic mood the last couple of weeks, I have made another card to share with you that would be great for thanking a serviceman. Today 70 years ago was D-Day. On that day, many lost their lives trying to bring freedom to the oppressed. I ask you today, who are you willing to die for? Are you willing to give everything to free someone from the grips of oppression?

Galatians 5:1 - For freedom Christ has set us free
 
 
My Scrap Chick came out with a set of Dog Tag Cards last week, and upon seeing them I knew I would have to give one a try. There are three cards in the set and I will probably be making the other two before long! I really like how this one turned out!
 
 
The Thank You at the bottom of my card cut out so nicely on my new Cameo. I am really starting to get the hang of my new machine. Yeah!
 
Here is a close-up of the sentiment I used. It is from the Celebrate Freedom set from Craftin' Desert Divas.
 
 
I am on my last piece of this striped paper that I have been using on many of my patriotic cards lately. I'm sad about it as it is hard for me to find papers I really like for certain holidays, and the Fourth of July is one of those holidays. Hopefully there is enough for the last two cards in the Dog Tag cards set!
 
Supplies Used:
My Scrap Chick: Dog Tags Card Set
Craftin' Desert Divas: Celebrate Freedom Stamp Set
TPC Studio: Heartfelt Travel Stripe
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed my card. Can't wait to see your card or project on the Simply Create Too Challenge Blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by and hope you will return soon!
 
Blessings,
                     
 
I will enter this card into the following challenges:
Sister Act Card Challenge: #60 Cards Only
CRAFT Challenge: #262 Father's Day/Male
Divas by Design: Red, White and Blue
Papertake Weekly Challenge: A.G. w/opt. summer theme
Fan-tastic Tuesday: #38 Summer
Paper Issues: In the Navy (7/6)

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Just saw these on her site earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful creation, perfect male theme, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!!!
    Thanks for playing along with The Divas this week - good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete