Sunday, March 15, 2015

Easter Chick Treat Sacks!

Hey, Trendy Peeps!!!
 
All month long we will be spotlighting the Watermelon Trendy Twine and Small Candy Sacks over on the Twine It Up w/ Trendy Twine blog!
 
The Watermelon Taffy Trendy Twine is such a yummy flavor for Spring and Easter!
 
Here are some treat sacks that are sure to make anyone smile!
 
 
I filled my candy sacks up with Laffy Taffy flavored jelly beans. I made my tag using a retired file from Treasure Box Designs. The Easter chick is from the shirt front of the little boy in the Bobble Buddies Easter file. (It was once a freebie, so you might have it stashed somewhere on your computer.) The tag itself is from a set of tags I found in the Silhouette store and then I gave it an offset layer in my software. After cutting my tag and the pieces for my chick; I inked, chalked, and used my gel pen on the pieces to add dimension. The chick is attached to the tag using foam squares.
 
 
The then tied my sacks shut using a piece of the trendy twine and then threaded my tag onto it and finished it off with a bow. Now that all the preliminary work is done, this treat sack will take about 5 minutes reproduce. Super easy if you are making several for class parties and such. Like I said, the chick I used is retired; so just find a file with only a few pieces and give this project a try.
 
Thanks for stopping in today as always!
I invite you to stop by my  Facebook and Pinterest pages as well.
 
And next Saturday (3/21) you will definitely want to come by for a visit. I'll be having a giveaway here and on my Facebook page. There will be two prizes. And I have a sneak peek of one of them for you right now. I'll be giving away a Watermelon Taffy Mini Trendy Twine set.
 
 
Alrighty then, see you soon!!!
 
Blessings,
                     
 
Entering the following challenges:
Decorate to Celebrate: #95 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday: #174 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers: #71 Anything Goes
Simply Create Too: #81 Easter or Bunnies
Little Red Wagon: #280 Cute, Cute, Cute
613 Ave Create: #115 Anything Goes
Design Team Showcase: #8 Anything Goes

22 comments:

  1. I have to say how CUTE your chick is..LOL!! Super DUPER cute!!
    Fun tag and sweet treats my friend!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Millie! You made my heart smile with your kind words!!!

      Delete
  2. These are so super ADORABLE Melissa!!!! LOVE those CUTE chicks!!! Such a fun Easter Treat!!!!
    AWESOME job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so super cute! Love the adorable tag with the sweet chick! Hope you are having a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who wouldn't want to win some amazing twine! LOVE! Your treats are the cutest! Those tags are perfectly pared with the awesome Watermelon Twine! Looks Fabulous! Too cute to open for the treats! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super sweet tag! I especially love the little chicks cheeks, so cute! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cute chicks. This gives me an idea for my son's Easter Party at his school. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really, really cute! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, these are too cute!! Love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Melissa these are adorable!! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute project. Thank you so much for entering our A.G. family friendly challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Remember, you can enter up to five times. We enjoy seeing your lovely creations.
    BLESSINGS, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are just adorable my friend!! I love the super cute chick.... Great minds my friend, you'll see what I mean on Monday :)
    Have a great week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't decide which project is my favorite! =)
    Thank you for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Lilian
    http://theleafstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those candies look so yummy and the tag is cute! We are so blessed that you joined our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday last week. We started a new Challenge today and will be delighted for you to come back and link up once more. Leaving you with this encouraging Word of God in Romans 15:4 and it says, "For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." Have a great week.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on having your sweet little tag featured at Little Red Wagon!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your cute tags, Melissa! Those jelly beans look delicious too! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week and I hope you'll join us again soon.

    Hugs,
    Em AKA Creative Em
    613 Avenue Create DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such cute tags! Love the little chick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Precious. The chalking is just perfect for this sweet guy. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Miranda....these are just so so cute! What a fabulous little treat for Easter, so sweet. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute Easter tags!

    Thanks for entering Design Team Showcase.

    Kim
    Design Team Showcase
    {Craftisan Studios}

    ReplyDelete