Thursday, March 12, 2015

St. Patty's Bear!

I have super fun news! I have joined the Treasure Box Designs DT. This super fun and very easy card is my first DT post. I'm excited about the new adventure!
 
I have used the Fall Bear from the $1.00 section of the store. I just swapped his fall leaf for a shamrock. I also made him to sit down instead of stand up.
 
 
I always start my cards by putting them together in my Cameo DE software first. I like to get an idea of what they will look like before I even start cutting. And if I don't like what I see on the screen, I usually just scrap the idea or fiddle around with it until I do like it. I decided I wanted my bear to sit instead of stand; so when virtually piecing it together, I just changed up the right and left leg so that the feet would point up. I then removed the fall leaf, found a shamrock, and sized it to fit the way I liked it. Once I was happy on the screen, I cut a piece of #110 white cardstock to make a 4 1/2" square base. I added a background paper from Teresa Collin's Christmas Cottage paper collection. I cut my bear and pieced him together and popped him on the card using foam squares. I then tied my Twisted Lime Trendy Twine around the bottom and stamped on my sentiment. I found the sentiment in a dollar bin last year at a LSS store.
 
 
For added dimension on my bear, I used inks, chalks, and my gel pen. The little extras give the piecings a bit more character!
 
I'm so glad you stopped by today! I hope you will leave a comment as I truly appreciate them and enjoy reading them. You can also find my cards and other projects on my Facebook and Pinterest pages.
 
Blessings,
                
 
Challenges:
613 Ave Create: #114 Anything Goes
Crafting by Design: March Anything Goes
Creative Fingers: #70 Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #95 Anything Goes
Design Team Showcase: #7 Anything Made as a DT Member
Word Art Wednesday: #174 Anything Goes
Die Cuttin' Divas: #206 Happy St. Patrick's Day

13 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so adorable! You really make the sweetest things, Melissa. Congrats on your new DT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth! You really know how to make my day with your sweet comments!!! I appreciate you!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely adorable!! Congrats to you my friend!! They are so lucky to have you!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new DT i love your little bear he is so cute holding the big shamrock
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes#152 challenge. Have a blessed day, Melissa
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the DT! As always, your animal cards are so cute!
    Thank you for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Lilian
    http://theleafstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pieces! Super cute and great added
    details (like the ink, etc you mentioned).
    Super glad that you came and shared with us
    as well today!
    Hugs!!!
    Warmly, Leah (SOUS co-leader)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Miranda! OMGosh he's just too cute!! Love those bears :) I love the 3D crayons you entered this week too! They rock! But my fav is the gable chick box! Thanks for always coming back to 613 Avenue Create to play with us!

    Hugs,
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy playing around in that software, too. Just so much fun! You did a great job altering the file to suit your vision!

    Thanks for sharing your card with us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week, and congratulations on your selection to the Treasure Box Designs team!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet bear!! Love this card!
    Thanks for joining us at SOUS Die-cut Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh......adorable image, great card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stuck on U Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete