Sunday, July 26, 2015

Trendy Twine - A Happy Hello and a Sad Goodbye

A Happy Hello to all of you this Sunday morning!!!
Today I am posting for Trendy Twine. All month long the Trendy Gals have been sharing projects using the Nautical Trendy Twine and some of the ladies have been sharing a Shaker Card.
This is mine:

This is my first ever Shaker Card. I learned several things putting it together. One, I need to work on my sentiment placement. I put it a bit too high. I also had a problem with my confetti sticking to the tape at the top. I'm sure there is a fix for this - just have to figure it out. But all in all, I am pretty happy with how it turned out!!! The seahorse is just precious!!!

My card base measures 4.25x4.25". The patterned paper is from Doodlebug Designs. My sentiment is from Verve Stamps Happy Hello collection. The seahorse was last week's freebie from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons. To make the Porthole Shaker, I just used my DE software for the Cameo to make a circle and then used the internal offset to make the inner circle. I then hit Make Compound Path. Really simple!!! I used the Nautical Trendy Twine to decorate the porthole.

 Thank you for dropping in today to see my last post as a Design Team Member for Trendy Twine. Yes, it is a Sad Goodbye to all my Trendy Gal Sisters and Trendy Fans!!! Thank you, Lesley, for a wonderful time designing for you!!! It has been a fun 11 months.
I hope you will also stop by my Facebook and Pinterest pages. They are a great way to follow me and to keep up with all my creations. Remember, I do custom orders if you have need for a treasured card, layout, or other gift to commemorate all your precious memories.
Many Blessings and Hugs,
                                   
Challenges:
Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons: Under the Sea
DL Art Thankful Thursday: #161 Summertime
DL Art Monthly Challenge: July Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge: #116 Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly: Build It Up

20 comments:

  1. OMGOSH... How stinkin' Adorable! I can't believe it's your first Shaker card! Can't tell! :) LOVe the Seahorse.... Fabulous Job! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Loving this seahorse too! OK...what is the internal offset?!?! I need to read my owner's manual because I have NO idea what half the features are! HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable card Melissa!!! Love that sea horse and your shaker turned out AWESOME!!!
    So sad to see you will be leaving us. You are an awesome designer and your work will be missed greatly over on the Trendy Twine blog!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa your shaker card is so adorable...Love that seahorse and the design is fab! You will be missed. I love your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, that seahorse is the cutest! Love your shaker design and the awesome papers you used! It has been a pleasure having you as a DT sister not only once but a couple of times. I know I will continue to follow you on FB, wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the blue and pretty Nautical Trendy Twine. Beautiful seahorse!!
    Fabulous design! Will miss being TT DT sister and your Amazing creations but I will continue to follow you as always!!
    Blessings,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so adorable Melissa!! Love it!! That sweet sentiment and that super adorable seahorse! Awww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so adorable! I love the way you used the twine. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an adorable card! I just LOVE that seahorse!
    Oh we will miss you, but we'll stay in touch for sure :)
    All the best,
    Shely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so cute--love that this is a shaker-- super cute! And that little seahorse is way too adorable! Thanks for joining us this month for our Under the Sea challenge at Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an adorable card! I love the colors...so happy! Thank you so much for linking up to our Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Under the Sea Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, love love love this card, you did a gr8t shaker WTG!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet card! I love the seahorse and the colors you chose! Thanks so much for playing along with the Under the Sea Challenge at Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons!
    Ruth - DT member

    (for static on sequins, try an anistatic powder that you might use for embossing and leave the backing paper on the foam adhesive until the sequins are inside your window - hope that helps you.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card -- You did a super for this being your first shaker I love how you wrapped the twine around the portholes and the seahorse is super cute. Sorry to see it is your last post at trendy twine. I am sure your next team will be just as fortunate when they get you as a team member.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes July Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a magnificent job on this card.  I love all the different elements.  The colors, structure and presentation of this card is captivating.
    We look forward to seeing you again. Hugs
    Berni, DT
    sisteractcard.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO, so adorable!! I too had problems with stuff sticking to my tape. I read somewhere that some talcum powder dusted on the edges before you put your card together can help with that. Thanks for playing with us at PPPR Under the Sea Challenge! :)

    Michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have used my powder tool for embossing to help keep my sequins from sticking to my foam tape. I love your shaker card and would never guess it was your first one :-) Thanks for linking up with the PPPR "Under the Sea" Challenge!!
    Nicole
    PPPR dt

    ReplyDelete