Saturday, April 12, 2014

Scrapbook Blessings Club - Guest Designer

Today I am honored to be highlighted over at
 
 
As their Guest Designer, I am able to share three of my favorite past projects as well as a bit about my self. Because I was having a hard time choosing just three favorites, I decided to narrow it down to three of my more recent projects.
 
I will share the post here as it is shared on SBC. Enjoy!!!
 
 
Hi, my name is Melissa Miranda and my small space in the crafting world is M Miranda Creations. I am the wife of a minister and we have three precious children.  I thank God for them everyday as they are a huge encouragement to me in all that I do (including playing with paper). I started playing around with scrapbooking many years ago with my old roommate. We were always doing something fun and we both liked to take pictures; so we decided to make a couple of scrapbooks to remember those days. I again tried scrapbooking after my oldest son was born. I think I made it through four or so months and just stopped. Then about five years ago my father in law sent us some Christmas money and my husband let me buy a Cricut. It changed how I looked at paper forever. I found great delight in taking a flat sheet of paper and turning it into a shape using SVG files. I’ve moved on to a different machine since then, but I have never looked back. My craft supplies have grown along with the mess that comes from having them. LOL! But as my supplies have grown so has my joy in creating. I believe that God is the ultimate creator and being made in His image, I have found a way to reflect Him. He inspires me and brings me joy with the beautiful things around me and hopefully I bring joy to my friends and family who receive my creations as well. I most often make 3D items and cards, but sometimes I return to those scrapbooking days and make a LO. I hope you enjoy the projects I am sharing here today. It was hard to choose just three of my favorite projects, so I decided to share some of my more recent projects. I invite you to stop by my blog, FB page, or Pinterest page and have a look around.
 
Pinterest - Melissa Miranda
 
Here are my projects:
 
 
You can find a short tutorial for my first project here: http://iliketocreate.blogspot.com/2014/03/guest-designing-for-my-craft-spot.html

 

 
 
Favorite technique/tip: I like to add dimension to my projects and I believe there are two ways to effectively do that. The first is by taking an ink pad and a sponge and inking the edges of all the pieces of my cut files before assembling them. I could not craft without my inks. They are a total must have!!! The other way to add dimension is using pop dots or foam tape to create layers. There are a lot of great tutorials on YouTube to help with both of these. Just go to YouTube and do a search and look through the videos until you find the easiest way for you to apply these two dimension building techniques to your projects. I promise you that once you do, you will see a huge difference in the way your cards and other projects look.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you will visit often. I would be glad to make your acquaintance if you would like to hit the Follower button at the top.
 
Many Blessing to You!
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment