Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Trunk Loads of Wobble!

Wow, it is another Tuesday Action Wobble post.
 
A couple of weeks ago I made a card using My Scrap Chick's Elephant Belly Box Trio set. It is such a cute set and I really liked how my card turned out. After finishing it though, it struck me that the trunk would look super cute with an Action Wobble on it. So I set out to make another card and this time I have made the box as well.
 
I made mine for a baby again, but it would be a cute gift for many occasions; especially if there is an elephant lover in your midst. I like these elephants because of those big ole' ears! Just too cute!!! And, of course, I stuck an Action Wobble under her trunk. My daughter thinks it is just terrific that it wobbles. (But she also likes me to go to the Action Wobble blog so she can wobble something I have made along with the wobbling bird on the blog banner. To be five again and so easily entertained!!!)
I should have looked for an svg of a baby rattle or bottle for her hand. The possibilities are endless for dressing up these boxes! (I may still add something before I give it away.)

To make the box, just cut out the pieces and assemble according to the box instructions. Use an Action Wobble to attach the trunk. Add some doodling and a tag tied with Trendy Twine to finish it off.

To make the card just take an A2 card base and attach a piece of designer paper/cardstock of your choice measuring at 5 1/4"x 4". Stamp the tag and sentiment and fussy cut around it (or buy the matching die cut for the stamp set). Take your twine and wrap it around the top front three times, attach your tag and tie a bow. (To keep my tag at the angle I want it to lay, I also add a small pop dot behind it to keep it in place.) Cut out the pieces of the elephant, ink the edges and assemble. (If you are going to add lashes and chalk to the eyes, do that before you begin to assemble the pieces.) Behind the trunk attach your Action Wobble (if you have no Action Wobbles, substitute it with pop dots; but the Action Wobble is fun!!! and you can get a great deal on them from the Royale Shoppe FB store). Then add  pop dots behind the assembled elephant to add dimension and attach it to your card.

Supplies Used:
Action Wobble: Royal Shoppe
My Scrap Chick: Elephant Belly Box Trio
My Mind's Eye: Lost and Found Two Blush (6x6)
American Craft: Cardstock
My Craft Spot: Tiny Tags set
Trendy Twine: Posy twine

 

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog today. I would be glad to have you as a permanent friend. If you'd like to, just hit the follower button on the top right. And I hope to see you again real soon.

Blessings,
                      
 
I will enter my gift box set into the following challenges:
The Squirrel and the Fox: #67 All Creatures Great and Small
Pause, Dream, Enjoy: Linky Party #7
Crafting By Design: April Anything Goes 

8 comments:

  1. Your trio elephant belly box looks awesome, the elephants are so sweet. I just love their eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa oh this is just adorable! Love it :)
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The action wobble was a great idea!! Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for Linking Up at Pause Dream Enjoy. Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this belly box set , they are the cutest and easiest to put together !! You created a wonderful project !!

    Hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, c'est trop rigolo ! J'adore !
    Ces éléphants sont trop beaux !
    Merci pour ta participation au squirrel and the fox challenge
    Bises

    ReplyDelete