Thursday, May 12, 2016

Dude - Happy Birthday! Jaded Blossom May Release Day 4

It's time for the  Jaded Blossom May Release Sneak Peek Day 4! I think today's stamp set is one of my all time favorites - maybe even my absolute favorite. But that's because I like turtles!!! And I know that you will like the cute little turtle and the fun sentiments on this set too!

Today the Jaded Blossom DT is showcasing projects using the new Turtley Rad stamp set.

I decided to ink up the turtle and to stamp directly to my back panel for a one layer clean and simple look! I also decided to continue layering on the greens to give it a monochromatic feel. I just love how it turned out!!! Using the smaller version of the turtle, I made some candies to match.


Other Jaded Blossom products used; Card Mat Dies, Funny Bunny, and Paint Splatters 2


Isn't this just the cutest!!! My son saw it and just loved it! He asked me to make a non birthday version for a friend of his at school who also really likes turtles. The patterned paper is from Doodlebug Design's new Anchor's Aweigh collection. I used Papertrey Ink's New Leaf cardstock for the base. Everything was stamped directly onto the background panel. When I stamped on the turtle though, it looked as if he was just floating around; so I used a stamp from Paint Splatters 2 to give him some dirt to walk through. So that my pile of dirt didn't get too large and my turtle didn't get splattered as well, I masked both the turtle and part of the stamp. 


I used Copic Markers to color the turtle. I don't have many markers, but luckily I have just the right colors to work for this guy. I am by no means proficient with my markers (not even close), but I am excited for the challenge of learning. I need to work on my blending technique for sure. And with cute JB images like this, I can't help but want to learn!!! I think that is the best part about crafting and other hobbies - always getting a chance to improve your skills and trying new techniques. 


Here is a photo of today's new stamp set:

Turtley Rad


Told you it was a cute set!!!

Remember this stamp set along with the rest of the release will be available for purchase starting Friday at 4 pm Pacific time. You can scroll down to the next 3 blog posts to see my projects from Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday if you'd like.

Then stop back by tomorrow for another sneak in the morning and for our Jaded Blossom Blog Hop starting at 4 pm Pacific time.


 Don't forget to head over to the Jaded Blossom blog to see all the super cuteness the rest of the JB girls have for you today. 

Blessings,
                     

Challenges:
Crafting By Design: May Anything Goes 5/25 E3:2
DL Art: May Anything Goes Linky 5/31 
Crafting from the Heart: #111 Anything Goes 5/15 E3:2
613 Ave Create: #175 Anything Goes w/Opt Twist 5/14 E3:2
PDE Linky Party: #122 Anything Goes 5/12 E3:2
Little Red Wagon: #342 Let's Hear it for the Boys 5/17 E3:1
Decorate to Celebrate: #10 Anything Goes 5/24
AUD Sentiments: #155 Anything Goes + Sentiment 5/25 E5:1
Word Art Wednesday: #230-231 Anything Goes 5/24 E5:1 (#230)
Creative with Stamps: #2 CAS (Clean and Simple) 5/31 E3:1

15 comments:

  1. Adorable!! Loving this little turtle! Love the kisses and card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right - I am hooked on the turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job on coloring the super cute turtle!Absolutely adorable my friend!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M


    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card! The image and sentiments are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turtle is just too CUTE! Adorable card!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the clean and simple look of your card, really highlights that adorable turtle!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling cute card and image. Love the greens. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.
    Billie A (DT)

    You could also enter this in another DT I belong on.. Creative with Stamps.. it's a month challenge and the theme is CAS.. http://creativewithstampschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The greens are just perfect for your adorable friendly turtle. Thank you so much for posting this lovely creative art in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #230-#231 - Anything Goes.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very cute! I love that you colored him right on the pattern paper. He would be perfect for a male or female. Thanks for playing along with us at the Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is so cute! Lovely card!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so cute, Melissa! Love the one layer look and the colours you've used! Thank you so much for joining us at the CWS Challenge. Hope to see you again!
    Hugs
    Mary (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable!! Thanks so much for sharing your darling card with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is soooo cute!! I love the turtle-and I love that you made matching candy. That is awesome! Love love love! :) Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! :)

    ReplyDelete