Thursday, May 15, 2014

School's Out!

Wow, it has been a few weeks. My die-cutting machine went on the permanently injured list and I had to get something new. Got a Cameo this time. This is the 2nd project I have cut with it and I am enjoying it!
 
Today I have a Design Team project for My Scrap Chick.
 
The end of the school year is looming on the horizon and I thought it would be good to get started on some cards that the boys could give to their teachers at the end of the year to say Thank You.
 
 
 I used two sets of cut files from the My Scrap Chick store to make this card:
 
 
Other Supplies Used:
Echo Park paper: Everyday Eclectic
Canvas Corp: Chalkstock
My Craft Spot: Big Sentiments 2
Trendy Twine: Twisted Lime
Graphic 45: Stamp from the ABC Primer collection
Tim Holtz: Distress Crackle Paint/Clear Rock Candy
Papertrey Ink: Fresh Snow ink
Buttons and Gems from My Stash

It is hard to see the Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint on the apple in the photo, but it does add a really nice touch to the card. And I really like the effect of the white ink on the chalkstock. I think that when I make the next one, I will use a colored ink to make it look like colored chalk. Another fun idea would be to use sequins in place of the buttons and gems.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! I am so glad you are here! Check back tomorrow for another DT post.
 
Blessings,
                       
 
 
I will enter this into the following challenges:
Crafts Galore Challenge: #5 Anything Goes
Crafting by Designs: May Anything Goes
613 Ave Create: Anything Goes #71


5 comments:

  1. This is perfect card for a wonderful teacher !!! I love the design , and the whole card is super cute !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mayra. I truly appreciate your encouraging comments!!!

      Delete
  2. Makes a great end of school card... very creative Melissa! I like the white ink on the board - looks really like the real thing! Thank you so much for sharing your project & creativity at our house!
    Challenge #71 ATG w/ optional Twist - Create Your Own Challenge
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the layout and the chalkboard effect. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes Challenge #5 and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and creative. Love the chalk board look. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting By Designs May Anything Goes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete