Monday, November 3, 2014

Scarecrow Treat Box Using Orange Truffle Trendy Twine

As I wrapped up October, I also wrapped up my time as a Trendy Little Sister. And though that could be sad, it's not!!! Why? Because now I am a full fledge Trendy Gal. That's right!
 
I have been asked to stay on the Trendy Twine team along with my fellow sisters, Beth and Tammy!
 
And today is my first post as we kick off the November challenge!
 
Fall Foliage - Autumn or Thanksgiving theme, foliage, & Trendy Twine.
 
Here is my project using Orange Truffle Trendy Twine:
 
 
My Scarecrow Treat Box is from My Scrap Chick! I plan on leaving this in the dining room and stashing notes in it for my kids to find after school during the month of November. I want my kiddos to always know that I am thankful for them!!! And what better time to take an opportunity to teach them more about being thankful as we all turn our minds towards the Thanksgiving holiday.
 
To put this together, I cut out the pieces from the Scarecrow file and assembled it. I then added twine around my box and used it to decorate my scarecrow. I cut a leaf from the Autumn Leaves Trio file also from MSC. I stamped my sentiment using Punkin Patch stamps Heirloom Traditions set onto the leaf and used pop dots to attach it to the front of the box. My dp for the front and side panels is from Doodlebug Designs Happy Harvest 6x6 paper pack.
 
Supplies Used
 
Trendy Twine:
Orange Truffle (Currently on sale!)
 
My Scrap Chick:
 
Punkin Patch Stamps: (No longer available)
Heirloom Traditions
 
 Doodlebug Designs Paper, Pop Dots, Memento and Color Box Inks, White Gel Pen,
and Various Cardstocks from My Stash
 
Hope you will join us for the challenge on the Trendy Twine blog!
 
Thanks for stopping by!!! I invite you to drop by my Facebook and  Pinterest pages as well and to take a peek at my new Etsy shop with its first few listed items.
 
Blessings, 
                       
 
I will enter my treat box into the following challenges:
DL Art Nov Linky Challenge: Anything Goes 11/30
Anything but a Card: #41 Anything Goes 11/22 (5 Challenge Limit)
613 Ave Create: #96 Anything Goes w. Opt. Twist
Decorate to Celebrate: #87 Anything Goes
Divas by Design: Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. I am so happy that we are officially part of the driving team now!! Your project is so darling! I live the colors you used, the files and the twine is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your project Melissa! Awesome job on the new challenge!!!
    Welcome to the team :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Melissa, you always have the cutest projects!! :) Love this scarecrow! Welcome to the team!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Team my friend!! Yiippee!!
    I love your Scarecrow treat!! Adorable!!
    Have a wonderful da my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project, love the adorable scarecrow! All of the patterns and colors are wonderful! Welcome to the team, so great to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing this with us at Anything But A Card Challenge this month. Good Luck, Rupa (DT).

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited to have you join the Trendy family :)
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is super cute thank you for joining us at anything goes challenges at dtc. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable and great project for Fall festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melissa!!! I just love your project....it's too cute Hun & the colors are gorgeous!!!!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us @ 613 Avenue Create & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this scarecrow, Melissa! SO Adorable!!! Congrats with Trendy Twine, too! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Decorate To Celebrate!

    Have a great week!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute and adorable!! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous scarecrow box! Thanks for sharing it with us at ABAC for our challenge this month. Jennie

    ReplyDelete