Friday, November 14, 2014

Guest Designing for My Craft Spot - Christmas Inspiration

Happy Friday!

I'm so excited to be joining in on the fun at My Craft Spot again as a Guest Designer. Thank you so much Kimberly and the MCS DT.
 
I just loved the last couple of stamp releases at MCS and couldn't help but to make a couple of Christmas projects to highlight some of the newest Christmas stamps.
 
First I made this sweet street lamp that I imagine must be in front of Santa's cottage.
 
 
For the sign, I used stamps from the Naughty or Nice set and the Tiny Tags Christmas set. I also used the Chalkboard Sentiments Fall for the flourishes and dotted line. I did a bit of masking to only use the portion of the stamps that I wanted.

 
 
 
For my 2nd project, I made some Christmas Gift Card Holders.
 
 
Of course, the Tiny Tags Christmas set is perfect for these.

 
The finished policy style envelope that I used here measures about 2 1/2" x 3 3/4".

 
I have made about 20 of these and have used an assortment of stamps from the set on them even though I only have two samples pictured here.
 
Supplies Used - Lamp Stand
My Craft Spot:
Naughty or Nice Stamp Set
Tiny Tags Christmas Stamp Set
Chalkboard Sentiments Fall
 
SVG Attic:
Winter Wishes SVG Kit
 
Various Cardstock and Memento Ink
 
Supplies Used - Gift Card Holders
My Craft Spot:
Tiny Tags Christmas Stamp Set
 
My Scrap Chick:
Gift Card Holders for Christmas (Snowman and Ginger Faces Only)
Fall Leaf Tag
 
Policy Envelope SVG - I can't where I saved the file, so not sure where it came from.
 
Various Cardstock, Memento and Color Box Ink, Crochet Thread, Chalk, and Gel Pen
 
  
I hope you will stop by the My Craft Spot shop and take a look at all the wonderful products carried there. You are sure to find something that you will enjoy!
 
And I am truly glad you have stopped by my blog today. I invite you to stop by my Facebook and  Pinterest pages as well and to take a peek at my new Etsy shop with its first few listed items.
 
Many Blessings,
                           
 
I will enter my 3D Lamp Stand into the following challenges:
DL Art Nov Linky Challenge: Anything Goes 11/30
Creative Fingers: #56 Anything Goes
DL Art: #144 Thankful Thursday - Anything Christmas
Decorate to Celebrate: #88 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday: #158 Anything Goes
613 Ave Create: #97 AG w/ Opt. Twist

18 comments:

  1. Lovely projects Melissa! I would love for you to share the lamppost on the SVG Attic facebook page! Congratulations on your GDT spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth! And thank you for the invitation to share my project! I truly appreciate all of your encouragement!

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
  2. Your lamp post is amazing! I love that is lights up! Your gift card holders are so cute! Thanks for being such an awesome guest designer at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kimberly! You have wonderful products in your store making it so easy to work with them. And you have such a wonderful DT that is constantly inspiring. I truly interacting with all of you through the challenges, releases, and the occasionally GDT post. I hope you will invite me back again sometime.

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
  3. Melissa, I'm so excited about your Guest Designer spot today and of course about your fabulous projects! I've been looking forward to seeing what your crafty heart made. :o) Both of your projects are spectacular and brought sparkly joy to my heart! Congratulations again! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, you are a constant joy, inspiration, and encouragement! Thank you!!! I truly appreciate you!

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
  4. I saw this on FB and WOW!!! A true BEAUTY!!! The lamp post is GORGEOUS my friend!!! I love how you use the tiny tag stamp!! AMAZING!! The gift card holder are as SWEET as you are my friend!! You know this is TRUE!!
    Congrats to you on your GDS over at MCS!!! Awesome projets my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Millie, I just don't know what I would do without you! Thank you for always having an uplifting word for everyone around you. You inspire me!

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
  5. We so appreciate you're sharing your project & creativity at 613 Ave C Melissa! On a personal note... I need you to know how much you inspired me with those darling gift card holders! OMGosh - too darn cute for words! My mind is racing with ideas bouncing off your design! Off I go to my RubberRoom!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create – Challenge #97 Anything Goes w/optional make a gift for Random Acts of Kindness Week
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Ginny, that makes my day. I'd love to see what you come up with. Please do share a link with me to a blog post or a picture to my FB page with a link. And do have fun bouncing around the room!!!

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
  6. The lamp is wonderful! I love this, thanks for sharing at Creative Fingers Challenge - good luck and hope you join us again xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lamp post is beautiful! Can I ask how the two bottom pieces of the pole go together? I put this together yesterday, but couldn't figure out how those two parts get glued together. Could you let me know how you did it please? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Sherri, I'm sorry that I am just now getting back to you. There is a PDF that comes with the file and in it are some brief instructions. I just went back and looked at it, and it seems that you have to glue the bottom and top pieces together with the tabs before you glue the side tabs together. It has been almost a month since I actually made it, so not remembering exactly. I hope it works out for you! I'd love to see a finished picture when you're done if you like sharing your projects!

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
    2. Thanks for replying, Melissa. I'm more a visual person, so the instructions weren't real helpful to me. I'm used to SVG Cuts where they show how to put together their files by doing videos. Thanks again!

      Sherri

      Delete
  8. I love this lamp post I am thinking about making one.thank you for joining us at anything goes challenges at dtc. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my that lamp post is fabulous, I want one:) :) and super cute cards too Miranda!!! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your lamp post! So adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us at Decorate To Celebrate! DT, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa, your street lamp is simply stunning! I have never seen something like that!

    Mariangela

    ReplyDelete