Friday, November 13, 2015

Little Turkey Gift Box!

Sometimes I see something a friend makes and I know I just want to try it as well immediately! That was the case this week when I saw my Beth's turkey box. It is just so cute, so I gave it a whirl as well. If you would like to see Beth's, you will find it here.

Here is my version of the Little Turkey Gift Box using the Bobble Buddies Turkey from Treasure Box Designs.


Like Beth, I started with a 2x2x2 Kraft Box from Annie's Paper Boutique. I covered all the sides with some Bazzill Walnut colored card stock after inking the edges of all my squares. I then cut the pieces for my turkey using various card stocks including more of the Walnut colored Bazzill card stock for the body of the turkey. Once I had him all pieced together, I added his body to the front of the box and his feathers to the back. The feathers were embossed with with my Cuttlebug using a fall embossing folder by Darice.

This could easily become a great idea for a placecard at the Thanksgiving table. All you need to do is add a cut file of a sign to the back of the turkey that shows above the feathers and write the name of all the guests on the signs. It would look super cute!

Thank you for dropping by today. I always enjoy having you stop by.

Blessings,
                    
Challenges:
Silhouette Challenge: #31 Anything Goes
DL Art Thankful Thursday: Thanksgiving
Decorate to Celebrate: #113 Anything Goes
Crafting For All Seasons: #114 Embossing
PDE Linky Party: Anything Goes
Little Red Wagon: #315 Happy Turkey Day! 
Craft Your Passion: #287 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday: #209 Anything Goes

21 comments:

  1. I love this! The colors and embossing are gorgeous. And look at those cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, CUTE! I love that you found inspiration from my turkey box :) You really rocked it and made it your own. I adore the bright colors you used and I love the embossing on the tail feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. unbelievably adorable!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is the cutest, just so sweet and just adorable, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well isn't he just the cutest little turkey...It would be so fun to have these as place tags on the Thanksgiving table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! WOW!!! Thanks for linking up at PDE Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my,what an adorable turkey.This is so much fun and just love all the added details on his face.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how cute. I absolutely adore this. The colours of the tail really stand out too. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting for All Seasins.
    Stacey, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable and cute Melissa I just love the colors on the tail and the funny face.
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #168 “Thanksgiving” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turkey is so cute!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are so many fun details on your adorable box. To start with I love the embossed feathers. The eyes are such a cool piercing blue. Great job.. hank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes November Linky Party. Katie-DL.ART DT member

    ReplyDelete
  12. This turkey box is just the super cutest! Thanks for joining us over at DL ART! DT member DL.ART Carri~Abusybee
    My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable! Thanks for joining us this week for our challenge at Little Red Wagon. Donna (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable! The embossed feathers look like they are made from tin! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! Making the feathers from tin might actually be really cool. I may have to think about trying it!

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
  15. This Turkey gift box is toooooo cute!! I love the colours and details used :-). Thanks for sharing over at Silhouette Challenges for November! - Vicki DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi
    beautiful card, well done
    Thanks for joining us at crafting for all seasons
    hugs and greetings Lisbeth
    DT-CFAS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super super adorable!!! Thank you for joining us over at DTC.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete