Friday, February 14, 2014

You're Sweeter than Chocolate!

This is my 2nd post for today. If you are looking for my DT post for Simply Create Too, please click here.
 
Love is in the Air this Valentine's Day!
 
And my sweet son wanted something special for his incredible teacher. She loves owls, and my son wanted me to make her another one.
 
If you'd like to see the first owl I made her, please click here.
 
For this sweet box, I used the Flat Box from SVG Cut's Love Me Do kit and the Cute Owl set from KaDoodle Bug Designs.
 
 
My paper is MME Lost and Found Record It Heirloom. I used a bit of Valentine Cherry Cupcake Trendy Twine for a bow and added a heart button. The banner die is from Spellbinders and the sentiment is from the Valentine Treats set from Jaded Blossom.
 
 
This little owl is just adorable!
 
 
I know my little guy was excited to take this to school today!
  
 
And of course, we didn't leave out all of his classmates. I lifted this idea from Barb's blog here, and she actually got the idea from Jaymie off the Jaded Blossom blog here. Thanks to both of you!!!
 
I actually made 41 of these for both of my boys to take to school. This is just a small sampling.
 
 
My topper is a label from Miss Kate Cuttables' Tags and Backgrounds set. The hearts are from a kit at SVG Cuts. After resizing the label to work for my project, I cut them on my Eclips and then I used by Scor-Pal to scor them in half. The sentiment is from Jaded Blossom - Valentine Treats stamp set.
 
I leave you with a picture of my son smiling about his treats.
 
 
Isn't he handsome!!!
 
Blessings,
                     
 
I will enter my Valentine Owl Box into the following challenges:
Pause, Dream, Enjoy: Linky Party #3/Hearts
Scrappy Mom's Stamps: Love is in the Air
Creative Cutting Challenge: #27 Love
Craftin' Desert Divas: #24 Color Challenge
Decorate to Celebrate: #68 Valentine Boxes or Birthdays
City Crafter: #198 Love Bug
{PIN}spirational: #94 Love is in the Air
Hobby Cutz: #35 Valentine's
Love to Create: #102 Color Challenge
Make It Monday: Linky Party #178
The Squirrel and the Fox: #63 Love
Rhedd and Rosie: Love is in the Air
Cardz TV: 3D Challenge #1/Valentine's Day
KBD Challenge: Hearts and Twine
Brown Sugar: #81 Use a die cut or punch
Creative Fingers: #23 Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey: Love is in the Air
Crafty Creations: #256 For the Birds

22 comments:

  1. Another FABULOUS project, Melissa! Your papers are always so perfect!!! Love that little bird, too! The treat bags for your super cute son are also great! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craftin' Desert Divas and Decorate To Celebrate!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and lovely ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Melissa, what a stunning box, thank you for sharing with us at Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, you have been a busy gal. These are so happy and fun. Love that adorable owl!!

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative and adorable. thanks for sharing with us at {Pin}spirational challenges. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. too adorable thank you for joining the challenge at decorate to celebrate. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Handsome indeed!
    Love the treat bag toppers .
    Love the decorating of your sweets box too .
    Thanks for sharing all on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you have been busy. What a lucky teacher. I love the sentiment. Thank you for sharing it with us at ( Pin ) spirational this week. Wynn xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been creatively busy! Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges this week! Good luck!!
    Blessings,
    Zella

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous project! I love the papers you chose. Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge.
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the heart box. I bet his teacher did too!!! The treat bags and toppers are great. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Hearts' Linky Party at PDE!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet collection of treats!
    Thank you for joining our Color Challenge over at Love to Create Challenges this week.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just adorable! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! These treats are amazing! So creative!!!

    Thank you for participating in the {PIN}Spirational Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet box! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just gorgeous, thanks for playing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty chocolate box and such a cute little bird. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
    hugs
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! That's an impressive amount of work, and the results are GORGEOUS! Thank you for playing along at Rhedd and Rosie’s. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh that's fabulous! Love the box! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Love to Create this week! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous Valentine Owl box Melissa. The owl is adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at PCJ in our "Love is in the Air" challenge and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! I love that hear t box and OMG! those eyes are so cute! Fabulous projects. Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete