Sunday, February 22, 2015

Happy Hello Penguin!

I grew up with three brothers and that was awesome. They were really good to me and always took care of me. But I have to say that when I came to know Christ something happened that changed my life forever. I gained a whole bunch of sisters. And as any of you with sisters know, there is nothing like having a sister! I made this card for one of my sisters. She is very dear to me and I enjoy the time we are able to spend together. I made this as a Thank You for her for the time we spent out together this last Friday night having dinner and quiet time from family and the burdens of life. This sister is a treasured jewel and I am so lucky to have her.
 
 
This little guy is from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs. He was a freebie a few weeks back called Penguin on Ice. I think he is absolutely adorable and I was glad to see the smile on my sister's face when I gave him to her this morning during worship.
 
 
Thank you, Tricia, at LSHD for all the Monday freebies. They are truly appreciated and thank you for allowing me to enter him into yesterday's game to win another free file!!!
 
The card is a standard A2 size and the background paper which is quite lovely in person but a bit difficult to photograph is from Bo Bunny's Snowfall collection called Snowfall Drift. The stamp is from Verve Stamps Happy Hello collection.

Thank you for dropping in today. You can find the links to my Facebook and Pinterest pages on the top right if you'd like to follow me there as well.

Blessings, 
                    
 
Challenges:
DL Art February Linky Challenge: Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday: #171 Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #94 Anything Goes
613 Ave Create: #112 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers: #68 Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge: #94 Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Sooooo stinkin' CUTE! LOVE the way you do the eyelashes! :)

    Theresa
    www.miislucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable, beautiful work DT Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an adorable card thank you for joining us at dtc challenge hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet sweet penguin - thank you for visiting us at 613 Avenue Creates and good luck!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanted to Thank You for your Sweet Comment on my blog and I must say your Card is ADORABLE!!!! Happy Day to you. :0)
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is she cute or what? =)
    Thank you for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Lilian
    http://theleafstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGGG...way too ADORABLE! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete