Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine Cards

I'm sure you know how it goes. When you make things with paper, the store bought stuff just doesn't have the appeal for your kiddos anymore. And since it is Valentine's Day tomorrow, my kiddos wanted homemade Valentine's for their class parties today. This momma made 40 cards between the two still in elementary school. And yes, true to my procrastination state of mind, I stayed up most of the night finishing them last night. No worries, I still worked out today and took a short nap. LOL!!!
 
(Warning: This post is picture heavy! They were all too cute not to show them off.)
 
The light grey kitty, the bunny, and the polar bear were for my daughter. She couldn't decide which one she liked the most, so I had to make all three. There was also a pig and tiger that she wanted, but I talked her down to three.
 


 
The lion and dark grey kitty were for my son. He had to have lions for the boys and kitties for the girls. Too funny how important it was for him that the boys just say Hello,
but the girl's could say Be Mine.


 
Here is a close-up of a couple of them:
 
 
The cut files are from Miss Kate Cuttables. They can be purchased as an SVG on their site (and cost less too) or you can purchase them from the Silhouette store.

 
The stamps I used are from Jaded Blossom (Be Mine) and My Craft Spot (Hello). I used inks, chalks, and my white gel pen to add all the details.
 
Thanks for stopping by today. Remember that St. Patrick's Day and Easter are around the corner and I do custom orders. If you have any needs for the upcoming holidays, please contact me. Also, I invite you to follow me on my Facebook and Pinterest as well so that you can keep up with
all of my creations.
 
Have a happy crafty three day weekend!!!
 
Blessings,
                      
 
Challenges:
DL Art February Linky Challenge: Anything Goes
Creative Fingers: #67 Anything Goes
Simply Create Too: #79 Anything Goes
Crafter's Café: #103 Hearts
Word Art Wednesday: #170 Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #93 Anything Goes
613 Ave Create: #110 Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. these are all so cute! The detail is so awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, these are so cute! I bet they were such a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these!!!! Kind of jealous that I don't get one. Thanks for playing along with us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are soooo cute! what a great idea. Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers Challenge & good luck! DT - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving ALL your Valentine critters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww...these are so cute!
    Thank you for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Lilian
    http://theleafstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cuter and cutest. Thank you for taking time to share your creations with us at Word Art Wednesday in our 170th challenge. Your art is beautiful. Many BLESSINGS to you and yours,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such DARLING little Valentines, and I'm SO grateful to have you share them with us. Thanks for stopping by to play along. Have a wonderful week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. You're most welcome to also share this in our challenge at V's Sweet Ideas - www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable. And worth the all-nighter ;) Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, you're right. They're all adorable little critter cards.
    Thanks for playing along with the Simply Create Too challenge no. 79, Anything Goes.
    Join us again soon.
    Erica (Simply Create too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards! Thanks for playing along at The Crafter's Cafe.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cool! Too lovely!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck On U Sketches Heart Challenge.
    Hugs. Eli

    ReplyDelete