Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Mermaid Birthday! Craftaholics R Us Challenge #32!

It is time for another Craftaholics R Us Challenge Wednesday Challenge!

This week's theme is Ocean Life!

And, well, I think Mermaids are out there in the ocean somewhere, right!!! ;)


I used Jaded Blossom's Mermaid Kisses, So Many Birthdays 3, and the Luggage Tag Die. I colored the mermaid and the background using Copic Markers go make my gift tag.


In fact, the background was my first ever attempt at coloring a background. I had stamped her on white cardstock and after attaching the top layer of the tag to the bottom blue layer, I decided that her background just didn't look good in white. So I watched a couple of YouTube videos and grabbed my BG11 and B00 Copic Markers and gave it a try. And I'm so glad it worked, because I would have been sad if the image had been ruined after all the work coloring it.

The Hair:
C03, C05, BV11

Skin:
E000, E11, E13

Top and Tail:
B00, B02, B05, BV11

Necklace and Hair Jewels:
BV11, Y11, R81

Background:
B00, BG11

The patterned paper for the bottom layer of the tag is from Graphic 45's Mother Goose 6x6 pad.

Thanks for taking a look and don't forget to link up to this week's challenge!

Blessings,
                    

4 comments:

  1. Wow.. that's just amazing! Pretty colours, wonderful image and lovely design! It's really awesome tag! It's perfect for my challenge. I would be very glad if you visit it!

    Hugs
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#8 – Birthday (Summer kids are the best))
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten
    *GDT* 2CraftyCritterCrazies

    ReplyDelete