Sunday, July 27, 2014

Santa Pants!

It seems I have been creating several Christmas in July projects over the last couple of weeks. But nothing was 3D. Well my fingers said, "No way, that has to be changed." I just had an itch to watch flat pieces of paper form into something fun. I hope you enjoy this project as much as I did putting it together. Thanks to Mary at SVG Cuts for all her fantastic SVG files!
 
 
I used the Happy Holidays SVG Kit from SVG Cuts. Mary's files are always amazingly designed, but all the kits having varying degrees of difficulty in putting them together. This one had a panel that really challenged me, but the end result was worth it! This is a fantastic gift bag! (Great thing about SVG Cuts is the video tutorials for every kit. It makes putting their files together so much easier.)
 
I wish my photo did the colors of the paper more justice, especially the cuff pieces at the bottom! The paper has the prettiest snowflake pattern. I used the Christmas Cottage papers by Teresa Collins that have popped up on my projects several times recently. I bought several sheets from an online store that had it on sale after Christmas last year and I am so glad I did. Not only are the colors and designs beautiful, but the quality and texture of the paper are wonderful to work with.

 
The ornaments on the pant leg are from Spellbinders 2010 Heirloom Ornament pack. These are some of my favorite dies! I stamped the reindeer and sentiment on using the Jaded Blossom Christmas Wishes stamp set. The rumple ribbon was bought at an Etsy store a couple years ago, so I don't remember the name of the store. But there are several great places to get it from if you are interested.

 
The gift bag measures 7.3" wide by 13" high with a diameter of 3.6" according to the SVG Cuts site. It really is a nice sized bag for giving a gift or actually two since it has two leg compartments. It would also make a great focal piece for a mantle or on a table at a Christmas Party/Dinner. I hope you will give this gift bag a try!
 
If you do, I would really enjoy seeing it. You could stop by my FB page, M Miranda Creations, and post a photo with a link to your blog, so I could read up on your adventure about putting it together and hear about how you intend to use it!
 
Supplies Used:
(The same link will take you to the video tutorial done by SVG Cuts.)
Teresa Collins: Christmas Cottage DP
Spellbinders: 2010 Heirloom Ornaments
Jaded Blossom: Christmas Wishes Stamp Set
Black Cardstock: American Crafts
Black Metallic Cardstock (for buckle piece): Core'dinations 
Rumple Ribbon: In my Stash
 
Blessings,
                      
 
I will enter this into the following challenges:
Crafty Catz: #241 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers: #44 Anything Goes
The Crafter's Café: #73 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday: #142 Anything Goes
Crafty Creations: #268 Just for Fun
That Craft Place: Anything Goes
Little Red Wagon: #247 Christmas in July
The Sisterhood of Crafters: Die Cuts or Punches
Crafting for All Seasons: #82 Christmas in July
Papertake Weekly: It's a Jolly Holiday
Die Cuttin' Divas: #175 Christmas in July

13 comments:

  1. ok the santa pants are just toooo freakin cute!!!! 'borrowing' :O :) tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘DIES and/or PUNCHES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa pants! Those are way cool! Love the papers you used. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Melissa, one of my favs in our DCD linky party, thanks for sharing!

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pattern for these cute pants. Thanks for playing with DCD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creation Miranda thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. Love the bag. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Crafter's Cafe this week for our Anything Goes challenge.

    Emily T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, this is so cute! I love ornaments on his pants! Fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, love your santa pants! Never too early for christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Fingers!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Creative Fingers DT 
    Friday Sketch DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow a beautiful creation! Thank you for joining us this week at Creative Fingers Challenge

    Tiina

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can never start to prepare for Christmas ealry enough. I love your funny creation it´s so wonderfull! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great project, love it! Love how you added the ornaments too! Thanks for sharing with at Crafty Creations. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your creation is so wonderful like the Paper you have used.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all seasons.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete