Tuesday, April 5, 2016

For the Basketball Coach - Thank You! Die Cuttin' Divas' Guest Designer

Hey, all! I love when I get a chance to guest design on the


The Theme for Challenge #260: Sports

That's right, this week you can use your electronic die cutting machines or your regular die cuts and make anything that has to do with sports.

And I just love it when a challenge project coincides with my life. This last weekend I needed a card for my son's basketball coach. They went 15-0 for the season and had a party to celebrate their championship win. It was good to hang out with the team one more time.

Here is the card I made:


I used the Hoops collection from Treasure Box Designs for the basketball. I started with a piece of Kraft cardstock from Papertrey Ink. I cut my background using Graphic 45's Good Ol' Sport collection and Jaded Blossom's Card Mat Dies. I then cut a piece of black cardstock from Papertrey Ink to give it a border. I used Jaded Blossom's Supersized Thank You stamp set for the sentiment and stamped Thank You using Black Soot Distress Ink (I need to replace my Memento Black Tux ink or I would have used it). I then die cut a border from Jaded Blossom Border Dies and finished off the card by cutting the basketball from Hoops with my Cameo, piecing it together, and then popping it on the front with foam adhesive. Before I adhered it, I decided how much of the right side needed to be trimmed from the basketball and used my paper trimmer to trim it off.

I hope you like this one. Coach seemed to like it along with a gift of photography I gave him from the Championship game. I took a photo of his son shooting a free throw that caught him in mid air. I blew it up to a 5x7 and put it in a frame. Photos always make nice gifts, especially for those who are too busy coaching our kids to take photos of their own.

Hope you will join us for the challenge. I know you will enjoy it and all the challenges at Die Cuttin' Divas. Have a great Tuesday!!!

Blessings,
                     
Challenges:
Silhouette Challenge: #36 April Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #7 Anything Goes 
Word Art Wednesday: #224-225 Anything Goes 
613 Ave Create: #170 Anything Goes w/Opt Twist 
PDE Linky Party: #117 Anything Goes 
Crafting for all Seasons: #123 Use Die Cuts/Punches 
Lemon Shortbread Challenge: #12 Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card! Thanks for being our guest designer this week at Die Cuttin' Divas.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card!!! Thanks for being our guest designer this week at Die Cuttin' Divas.
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Decorate to Celebrate blog!
    hugs Elina DT DTC

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect for a coach! I bet he loved it. A great way to show appreciation for a job well done!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Silhouette Challenges Monthly Showcase.


    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool & very apt for a coach !!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at Decorate To Celebrate Challenge !!
    Hugs-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great idea for a gift and I love your card. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting for all Seasons. Sue DT

    ReplyDelete