Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sending a Big Bear Hug!

So, I have shared with you that I plan to make this the year of the Birthday Card, and I started in April with one third  of the year already over. (Whew, that saved me three months of guilt.) My first obstacle in this mission is actually making bday cards so I have been working on that. The 2nd obstacle - making it to the post office.
 
Papa's birthday was yesterday and the card is still sitting on my desk. We did tell him it would eventually make it to him though, and he was glad to hear he had something to look forward to.
 
 
Papa likes his hugs, so the sentiment is perfect for him. On the inside is stamped Happy Birthday. The bear is from Treasure Box Designs and is part of a series called Bobble Buddies. The whole series has been marked down to $1 each as they will be discontinued soon. Stop by the store to check them out! My background paper is from Doodlebug Design's Kraft in Color collection. The border punch is from Martha Stewart. And to finish it all off, I wrapped it with a piece of Trendy Twine and tied it in a bow. The twine color is Krazy for Kraft and is our spotlighted twine this month. That means it is on sale for $6.99 a spool. The sentiment is part of the Scrappy Mom's Stamps May Release and can be found on the Designer's Choice 2 stamp set. I was a guest designer for the May Release earlier in the month and I have to tell you that the two new sets this month are both full of super cute sentiments!!! The card measures an A2 size. Hope you enjoy it!
 
Thank you for stopping by today! You can also see all my latest creations on my Facebook and Pinterest pages or on Instagram @mmirandcreations.
 
Blessings,
                      
 
Challenges:
DL Art Linky Party: May Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion: #263 Anything Goes
613 Ave Create: #125 Anything Goes
Design Team Showcase: #13 Any DT Project
Sister Act Card Challenge: #107 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday: #185 Anything Goes Family Friendly
Crafty Creations: #290 All Creatures Great and Small
Scrappy Mom's Stamps: Animals, Animals Everywhere!

10 comments:

  1. Another super cute one! You are on a roll! I hope to be once summer vacation begins next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. How adorable. So sweet.

    Tammi
    Craft Your Passion Guest Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how SWEET!!!! What an Adorable card!! LOVE it! :) Have a Wonderful Day! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO adorable, Melissa. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your talents with us. I absolutely love having you play along in our challenges, and always enjoy your wonderful cards. Have a blessed week, and please stop by again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen, for always being so encouraging! It makes my heart smile!

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
  5. Hi again Melissa!

    Here's another great and fun challenge where I'd LOVE to have you share your talents with us, Please come play along with us.
    Karen

    http://www.cropstop.com/blog/linky-party/crop-stop-linky-party-4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you for the invite. I have added the link to the blog to my sidebar and I will be watching for a chance to enter. I am wondering if every product I use on my card has to be in the store, or can it be just one or two items? Thank again for the invite. I truly appreciate it!

      Delete
  6. super cute!
    Thanks for playing along in the Design Team Showcase.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete