Friday, May 15, 2015

Scrappy Mom's Stamps Guest Design Project 1 - To the Moon and Back!

I'm so excited to be this month's Guest Designer at
 
 
This month's new stamps sets are out and are called Designer's Choice 2 and Party Animals.
 
For my project today, I paired the I Love You to the Moon and Back sentiment from DC2 with the Out of This World file from Treasure Box Designs.
 
I love the way it turned out and hope you do too!
 


The background paper is from G45. For my moon, I used a metallic gray cardstock along with some black and white inks to get my desired effect. The alien piecing was pieced together with various cardstocks - mostly Bazzill and AC - and inked and chalked to add dimension. The sentiment from the Designer's Choice 2 set is stamped onto a banner die from Spellbinders. The card base is 5" in diameter. For the blue lights on my space ship, I used some glitter Sprinkles from Doodlebug Design.
 
Here are photos of this month's release stamps. Stop by the Scrappy Mom's Store to pick yours up!
 
 
 

 
 
I am so excited about my Guest Design Spot this week and will be back with a few more projects as the week goes by. Hope you have a terrific weekend and thanks for stopping in today.
 
I invite you to stop by and follow me on my Facebook and Pinterest pages as well. You can also find me on Instagram @mmirandcreations.
 
Blessings,
                    
Challenges:
DL Art Linky Party: May Anything Goes
Creative Fingers: #80 Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge: #106 Any Card Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #100 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday; #183 Anything Goes
613 Ave Create: #123 Anything Goes
Crafting by Designs: May Anything Goes

18 comments:

  1. Cute! Cute! Cute! Can't wait to see your other Guest Designer projects! I love these stamps too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too darn cute!!!! LOVE this one! Awesome start to your Guest Spot!!! DT Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Melissa.. Take me to your leader because you're creativity is out of this world. Love it.
    TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stinkin' adorable! Thank you so much for joining us this month at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :D

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun! Great alien! So happy to be having you as a guest designer this month! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! Love the fun design of your card! Thanks so much for joining us as our guest designer over at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

  7. This is so STINKIN CUTE!! I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes MAY Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the Guest designer Spot!!!! Your card is darling! I LOVE the shape and that sweet alien!!! The Sentiment is PERFECT!!!! Have a great Day! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your GDS over at SMS!! This is TOTALLY cool and fun!!! The SMS sentiment is Too cute!!
    Awesome job my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card, it just makes me grin! Need to look into these sentiments...they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an ADORABLE card, Melissa. I absolutely LOVE what you've done with your Guest Design spot. I hope they really LOVE it (as much as I do). I am guest designing for them in September, and I'm excited about it. I hope that I can do half as good as you've done - yours is AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous card in our challenge this week. I always appreciate SO MUCH having you share with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. too darn cute love it thanks for joining challenge at dtc hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome!!! Out of this world fabulous!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww this is the cutest! So fun! Lovely to have you as our guest designer this month, you rock!! 💕😘

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! this is way too cute. Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  17. This little alien is so cute!
    Thank you for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Lilian
    http://theleafstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete