Sunday, February 7, 2016

Jaded Blossom February Challenge - Flowers

Happy Sunday! It is Challenge Day over on Jaded Blossom blog!!!

Join the Jaded Blossom team this month with the new challenge theme - FLOWERS!

Here is my card:


When I saw this month's flower theme and looked through my collection of JB goodies, I knew I wanted to try the new Roses stamps that were released last month. So I headed to Pinterest for some inspiration and decided on the Clean and Simple technique that so many are using. I had also purchased a bunch of the miniature square Distress Ink pads and some Distress Watercolor Cardstock a couple months ago and decided this would be a good time to put them to use. So to make this card, I took a sheet of the Distress Watercolor Cardstock and cut it down to 4" x5 1/4". I took my Mini Ink Blending Tool and blending foam and applied Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to a small portion of the background on the watercolor cardstock. I just went across the cardstock the 4" length and about 1" to 1 1/2" high. I then cut out the SVG file for the rose and the leaf stamp provided for free by Jaded Blossom. I used Picked Raspberry Distress Ink for the rose and Evergreen Bough for the leaf. I attached both to the front of the card with pop dots. I also stamped the Thinking of You sentiment from Simple Sayings stamp set to the card using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. To finish it, I attached the Distress Watercolor cardstock to the front of a white A2 card base. 



Thanks for stopping in today! I hope you will join Jaded Blossom's "Flowers" Challenge this month. I can't wait to see your projects!!!

Blessings,
                     

4 comments: