Friday, February 12, 2016

Let's Play - Toy Theme Blog Hop


So glad you've  decided to come and play!
Sit back and enjoy the wonderful creations the DT have made showing off some beloved toys from your childhood!

 This hop is ONLY for 24 hours and will end  PROMPTLY at 11:59 PST TONIGHT!

This hop is set up DIFFERENTLY then ones in the past, so please read accordingly.

HOP GUIDELINES
1- Make sure to be a FOLLOWER on each stop along this hop. 
There are 15 in total. 
Learn more about HOW TO FOLLOW A BLOG by clicking HERE
2- Leave a comment on each blog to show some love for the inspiration you have just seen! Remember 15 stops, so that means 15 comments in total! 
Learn more how to LEAVE A COMMENT by clicking HERE

THERE IS NO REQUEST FILES form on this hop.
Each project contains the link to the store with the files used on their projects.
SOME files are FREE for today ONLY.... 
There are a total of 3 free files during this hop, with the others being DEEPLY discounted for TODAY ONLY! 
(prices will return to normal at end of hop)
This will be the new platform for our hops moving forward.
*********************************************
**Kindly remember that all our hop files abide by our TERMS OF USE
You can read all about our BLOG HOPS and how to participate HERE
**************************************************************************
And now for my project!


It is so much fun to take a look back at all the fun toys we had as kids!!! And my wooden spinning top with the string is from a time even before my generation. Haha!!! Let me know in the comments if any of you had one of these!!! I was so glad to find the background paper and the wood paper that I used for my top in my stash. It is from the Echo Park This & That 6x6 paper pad. The Kawaii Spinning Top is from SVG Cutting Files and you can find it here. From Jaded Blossom, I used the Card Mat Dies, Mini Tag Dies 2, and the Encouragement stamp set.

Next up is Cindy!!!
Did you lose your way? 
Our little line up here will help you out!

Blessings,
                      
Challenges:
TTCRD: Anything Goes (Feb 9-15)
Silhouette Monthly Showcase: Anything Goes
613 Ave Create: #162 Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #3 Anything Goes
PDE Linky Party: #110 Anything Goes

109 comments:

  1. The wooden spinning top was my Sister`s favorite toy ... we still reminisce :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! We did, at my gramma's house!! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes of course I had one of these! LOVED it! Love this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the papers you chose for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember having one of these when I was a kid. Very cute :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been too long since I was a kid but we probably did have a spinning top like this one. Great job on the paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this spinner top. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back before my time too, but great job. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every kid should have a top sometime in their childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a cute and older toy, and I do remember this lol I love your take on it as well
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute, I don't remember that type of top either

    ReplyDelete
  12. Remember my husband's great grandmother had one of these at her house. Your card is so cute and that background paper couldn't be more perfect.
    TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  13. I spent hours playing with this toy... sometimes I wonder if kids these days have too much .. because it was the simple things that kept us entertained! Thank you for the cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute!! I didn't have one of these but I remember my brother playing with one when we were at my grandparents house as a kid. Thanks for sharing and have a great day.

    ~Star
    starspaperpassion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I love the antique look of this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the top! Great retro card!
    -Cher

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable, the top makes a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't have this top, but my Mom did.

    ReplyDelete
  19. loving all these old toys that bring back old memories!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totes adorbs! I did not have a wooden top, but my Memaw had my dad and his siblings toys in the basement. I used to spend summers in Michigan with her and fondly remember playing with them, Mrs. Beasley, Skipper (Barbie's sister) and the wooden top.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute! I remember these oh so well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Before my time, but it's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had one of these too! What a spinner! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your fun little top is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is super cute! I remember playing with these as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great memories bring that to me!, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  27. I never had a top like this buy my dad did, he tried making on and showing me how to use it, I could never get it to spin.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I didn't have a top like that but my older cousins did and we got to play with it, it was a lot of fun!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I didn't have a top like that either, but I have seen them. :) cute card

    ReplyDelete
  30. Melissa your projects always amaze me! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. lovely card, my mum tells me about the spinning tops every time we talk about toys lol.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I don't think I had a top like this, but I did have on that you pumped a button on the top of it and then it would spin. This is very cute whether you had one or not!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have many good memories with that toy!!! I love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So Cute! Love the top...very detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the top. Your choices of colors are so spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the old toys, does bring back memories! Think the kids today are missing out on a lot of great toys! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  37. My older brother had hours of fun with his top!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I never played with a top like that, but it's still so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the spinning top! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  40. i remember the metal one where u pressed top and it spins
    Awesome remembrance on toys from the past TY

    ReplyDelete
  41. I remember this toy as a child. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great job on your cute little spinning top card!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I had one of these, loved your project and the papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love your project and the papers you used!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh my --- sooo DARN CUTE! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations


    ReplyDelete
  46. Just love this - I still have some of these toys!! the kids love them!
    thanks
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  47. spent many hours playing with tops

    ReplyDelete
  48. So very cute! Thanks for all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love it!! So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  50. This was a fun hop Melissa!

    Thanks for sharing you wonderful inspiration with us at Silhouette Challenges #34!

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete