Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Caddy of Apples!

Hey, all, today is my first post as a Little Sister at Trendy Twine.
I'm so excited to be sharing my Back to School project with all of you!
My project features the Cranberry Trendy Twine. This is such a fun
and versatile color for so many projects!
 
My daughter starts Kinder this year
and I thought it would be nice to send her with a caddy of treats!
I think it is important to gain brownie points from the beginning. LOL!
 
Actually, having been a teacher, I know that it is nice to receive something special on occasion; so I like to send things when I can.

The caddy (tote) and the boxes are from Lori Whitlock. They can be purchased in the Silhouette store or in her store as an SVG. The caddy is called Double-sided Tote Scalloped and the boxes are called Ribbon Tie Favor Box Scalloped. I made my tote just slightly larger and I downsized the boxes to about 75% of the original size to fit in the caddy. After cutting and assembling, the caddy is wrapped on the sides in paper from Reminisce. For the front of the box I used a file from My Scrap Chick called Apple Tree Top. I modified it just a bit in my Silhouette software to make it the right size and to shape the top of the tree line to match the scallops at the top of my paper.


Before attaching the tree and the apples with pop dots, I wrapped the cranberry twine around the box three times and tied it off with a button and a bow. To keep the button from sliding down, I stuck a pop dot under it too. The cranberry twine is the perfect touch for wrapping around the caddy to give some contrast to the paper.


Each box is tied shut with a bit more twine and decorated with an apple. The paper for the striped boxes is from We R Memory Keepers Simply Spring collection. The apple is the same apple that is on the front of the caddy. The stem was taken from another apple in my SVG collection, but to be honest I can't remember which one. Sorry about that. Any stem will do if you decided to make this project though. After stuffing the boxes with treats, you could use a white gel pen to write on the apple letting the teacher know what is inside of each container.

It would be fun to find so many creative things to put in the boxes, but for starters, you could put candy in them as well as small school supplies like paper clips. I know my daughter and I will have a lot of fun figuring out what to put in ours.


Here is a picture of the twine I used. If you would like the cranberry color, you can pick it up at the Trendy Twine store. And while you are there, look for more tasty colors as well as other fun products for your crafty needs.


Thank you for stopping in today. I always look forward to your visits and encouraging comments. I invite you to stop by my FB page as well.

Blessings,
                    

I will enter my project into the following challenges as well:
Scrapbook Blessings Club: #26 Anything Goes
Pile it On: #32 Primary Colors
Crafting By Designs: August Anything Goes
DLArt August Linky Challlenge: Anything Goes
Craft your Passion: #226 Bring Me Sunshine (Add Some Yellow)
613 Avenue Create: #84 Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenge: #107 Anything Goes
The Crafter's Café: #76 Anything but a Card
Word Art Wednesday: #145 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers: #45 Anything Goes
Cardz TV 3D Designer's Challenge: #6 Back to School
Crafty Calendar Challenge: August Anything Goes

29 comments:

  1. This is brilliant. I love everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney, I can't wait to see your version!!! I am sure it will be awesome!!!

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
  2. This is so super ADORABLE!
    What a GREAT back to school project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful project, Melissa! It is very thoughtful and fun. Any teacher would be thrilled to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful I love love it great job
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute back-to-school project. Thanks for sharing it with us at SBC. Cindy-Dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a teacher, I know it will be appreciated! and refilled once the goodies are used up!
    Beautiful job. The papers are luscious! It looks good enough to eat!! Thanks for posting on our Facebook page.

    Evelyn
    ~Die Cuttin' Divas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evelyn! I truly appreciate you stopping by and leaving such encouraging words. I know when I was a teacher that thoughtful gifts always brightened my day as well.

      Delete
  8. Fabulous creation, Miranda! I really do miss you! Thanks for stopping by the Crafter's Cafe! We'll keep the Mocha hot and ready for your next visit!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chana, I cannot tell you how glad I am to see you posting again. Many thoughts and prayers have gone up for you. I hope you continue on your road to recovery!!! I will always drop by your front porch. It is one of my favorite places to visit. Take care of yourself!!!

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
  9. OMG! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen done with the Apple Tree Top. What a cheerful set of treat boxes. Love love love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I have wanted to use that file for so long, but I knew it needed something special. I really like how it turned out as well. And know that I am truly thankful to be working with the MSC team.

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
  10. Brilliant creation....love it! Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this week.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Melissa! This is amazing. Love all the little cartons for different goodies. I might need one of these ;)

    Lesley
    Annie's Paper Boutique & Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lesley, at this rate, I am going to be sending you lots of birthday presents. So glad you like the project. It was a ton of fun to create.

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
  12. This is just way too cute, I'm definitely inspired, AWESOME project!!! Thanks for joining in on the 3D Challenge at Cardz TV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria! To inspire another is the highest compliment. I appreciate your kind words.

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
  13. This is such a really cool project!! I love that apple caddy and all the amazing details you included! Great Job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Melissa, this is such a GREAT project!! Love all the little treats!

    Have a SUPER day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome caddy of treats! Gorgeous papers and those treat containers are so fun! Love the pop of twine on them too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saw your post for this in the Paper Paper Paper FB group. I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh. Just adorable. The papers are perfect. Everything - all the details - outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janis! I always appreciate all your encouragement!

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
  17. SO CUTE!!! What a FUN back to school gift! I am sure it will be well LOVED!!
    Such a CUTE Card!
    Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!
    Have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Migdalia! I am already really enjoying my time at Trendy Twine. It is so nice to create with so many talented friends!

    Hugs, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful creation I love it thanks for joining us at brown sugar and good luck
    Hugs Tonnie DT

    ReplyDelete