Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Thinking of You and a Request!

Some cards are harder to make, not because the file is difficult, but because of the reason it must be sent. When the heart feels sorrow, the words needed are not always easy to come by.

Life has hard times and the reasons why are not always easy to come by. I made this card to send to my loved ones who are in the midst of a struggle.  And I am going to ask each of you who reads this to offer a prayer on behalf of my loved ones. I need you to pray for Forrest and his family. Two weeks ago yesterday Forrest was in a severe auto accident. He lays in the trauma unit fighting for his life. His father and the rest of the family have struggled with him, all of them fighting and hoping for his life. It is times likes these when someone who knows God the Father leans on His promises. Three verses come to mind - Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, Psalm 46 - God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging..., and Psalm 23 and specifically vs. 4 - Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

I ask again that you pray for my loved ones! I ask that your pray for a miracle, for recovery, for healing, and for peace and comfort for the hearts of those who sit next to Forrest struggling with him. I am going to ask you to pray even if you do not usually do so - even if you do not believe in my God, I ask you to pray to Him anyway. He will know that you pray on behalf of me and my loved ones! I ask this because I believe and because I know He has the power to heal. Thank you!!!
 
Here is the card I have made to send.
 
 
 
I know that a card could never convey the depths of my feelings at a time like this; but I will trust that the Lord will send my love and my prayers along with it.

The card is the Sunflower Greetings card from My Scrap Chick. I used a sentiment from My Craft Spot and the background paper is G45.

Thank you for reading this and for praying.

Blessings,
                    

7 comments:

  1. Awesome card 😊 Its all in his loving hands. We will be lifting up you and your family in prayer. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, you are the sweetest, and you can count on another prayer warrior! Your card is perfect! Beautifully created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, my sweetheart and I are praying over your family. Our dear Father is our Great Physician and He knows every detail... His healing love is at work and I continue to pray that He will be glorified in Forrest's deliverance! Breathe your life into him, dear Lord...

    Melissa, please let me know if I can do anything, okay? I have long been a fan of your beautiful heart, which sparkles through every creation. I'm here if you need me! Faithfully standing with you in prayer!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again... I forgot to tell you that your card is perfect! Every day it will deliver hope, love, and strength to your family. Sending you all my love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa, I want you to know that my prayers continue as well as my love.
    Psalms 23 is a verse where I always find myself saying. It gives me strength, hop and faith.
    Blessings,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful and the reason behind it makes it all the more bittersweet. I'll be praying for your family and Forrest. Thank you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is beautiful. You are incredibly sweet to make it. The paper is perfect and the sunflower is gorgeous. My family will be praying for your family and Forrest as well.

    ReplyDelete