Saturday, September 6, 2014

Floppy Bear

Nothing is better than a sweet freebie!
 
Little Scraps of Heaven offered a freebie on Wednesday to anybody who would make a project and post it to their site by yesterday. I finished mine just in the knick of time last night and shared it on the LSHD fan page; but I want to share it here with all of you as well!
 
 
This little sweetie is called Floppy Bear and even though it is no longer free, it is available in the Little Scraps of Heaven store. It was super easy to piece and oh so adorable. I decided I wanted my bear to be a girl, so I gave her a bow using Totally Natural Trendy Twine. The bear was cut using Tim Holtz Core'dinations and American Craft Cardstock. The background paper is from Doodlebug Designs new fall line called Friendly Forest. I really enjoy the color palette used by this company. So bright and fun!!! I made this a Thank You card using the Jaded Blossom Simple Sayings stamp set.
 
 
The bear was inked with Color Box inks with two shades of browns. The eyes and nose were inked with Memento Tuxedo black (Memento is my favorite ink by far). I used some Stamp' UP chalks that I have had forever around the eye and then used my Micron 005 pen to draw lashes. I also chalked the cheeks with some pink. To finish it off and to make the eyes come alive, I used my white Gelly Roll pen to add some details.
 
Super easy and super cute!!!
 
Thank you for stopping by today! I'm always glad when you take a moment to drop in!
I invite you to stop by my FB page and Pinterest page as well.
 
Blessings,
                    
 
I will enter this into the following challenges:
Scrapbook Blessings Club: #28 Anything Goes
Craftin' Desert Divas: Anything Goes
DL Art: September Linky Challenge 
Fan-tastic Tuesday: #51 AG (Sq/Rec Cards Only)
Creative Fingers: #47 Anything Goes
Sister Act: #73 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday: #148 Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Awww, this is too sweet, Melissa. Just want to squeeze it :)

    Lesley
    Annie's Paper Boutique & Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You surely have made that freebee into a priceless work of art. Praying you have awesome day filled with joy. Thank you for joining our 148th challenge.
    Carole and the DT team at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, this bear is adorable! Thanks for sharing him with us at SBC this week. We hope to see you again next time. Cindy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable Melissa! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Craftin Desert Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Craftin Desert Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so cute and adorable !!!! Thank you so much for joining us for Craftin' Desert Divas Anything Goes Linky Party !!! I hope you join us again and have a great day !!
    Hugs,
    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness she is so cute! I love it! Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Fingers. I hope you join us again. ~Lizzy DT

    ReplyDelete