Monday, September 29, 2014

Soccer!

My 8 year old loves to play soccer and this past Saturday was the championship game. His team had gone undefeated all season until this game. Sadly we lost. But the year of soccer was one of our best experiences. We had a wonderful coach; so when some of the moms asked if I could make thank you cards for him and his two assistants, of course, I said yes.
 
I saw a card on Pinterest a while back, and it came to mind when I started this card.
 
 
Using the Hexagon Shaped Card file from KaDoodle Bug Designs, I cut several hexagon shapes with my Cameo in black and white. I pieced them together on a piece of orange cardstock (our team colors where orange, white, and black) to give it the look of a soccer ball, but I needed it to be round of course. I grabbed my Standard Large Circle dies from Spellbinders and centered one of them over my shape. I ran that through my Cuttlebug and came out with a soccer ball. I was extremely pleased with how it turned out! Once I had my soccer shape, I had to come up with a card base. I had recently won a $50 gift certificate to The Flying Unicorn online store from Word Art Wednesday. I used it to order several packs of Graphic 45 paper, so I broke out the Good Ol' Sport 8x8 paper pack and found this background paper that matched my orange cardstock. I matted the paper on another piece of orange cardstock and then wrapped some thread around the them. I attached the matted background to my card base then. I used pop dots to add my soccer ball. I again grabbed a Spellbinders die - this time the Nested Pennants and cut out the flag die. On that I stamped the Thank You sentiment from Jaded Blossom's Simple Sayings stamp set and added it to the card. I truly like how the finished card turned out and I appreciate the inspiration I found on Pinterest.
 
Supplies Used:
 
KaDoodle Bug Designs: Hexagon Shaped Card
 
Jaded Blossom: Simple Sayings
 
Graphic 45: Good Ol' Sport 8x8 paper pad
 
Spellbinders: Large Circles and Nested Pennants Dies
 
Thank you for stopping by today. You are always welcome and I appreciate your visits. I invite you to stop by my FB page and Pinterest page as well.
 
Blessings,
                     
 
I will enter this into the following challenges:
Brown Sugar: #113 Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge: #76 AG
613 Ave Create: #91 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers: #50 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday: #151 Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    Such a super sports card and all the different steps. WOW! Glad you had some paper from a WAW win. Thank you for posting art with us this week during our 151st challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Sending you happy hugs, smiles full of sunshine, and many blessings as you work and play.

    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative! I would not have had the patience... so impressed with your effort to make that soccer ball! I bet the coaches were very pleased - or will be. I'm glad you are sharing your project & creativity at our house!
    Challenge #91 Anything Goes w/optional use a heart
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete