Sunday, September 14, 2014

Baby Sock Tote

I have a Trendy Twine Little Sister post for you today!
 
This month we are showcasing the Chocolate Cupcake Trendy Twine and sharing baby projects.

 
 
I am very excited about this as I will be hosting a baby shower very soon. This is going to help me brainstorm some ideas.

I decided to make a tote to hold baby socks in. This is my prototype for the shower. I will make several of these for table decorations with a paper choice modification to match the colors of the shower. This tote with the blue, pink, and brown colors would be great if the baby's gender is unknown. My finished project for the shower will use this twine though as we know the baby is a girl!!! I really like the chocolate and pink color combo.

 
 
Using a tote from Lori Whitlock, I resized it larger to fit my need. I assembled it and attached the side panels. I then cut out the Floppy Bear file from LSHD and inked it and pieced it together. The Chocolate Cupcake Trendy Twine was wrapped around the caddy three times and tied off with a bow. I pop dotted the bear to the front.



On the back side, I used a Spellbinder's die to cut and emboss a scalloped oval. I added a baby sentiment to the oval from My Craft Spot and inked the edges. This was also attached with pop dots.


To finish it off, I tied a double bow to the handle and added a piece of twine there as well. What a super sweet project and it will not be hard to make the ten or so that I will need!
 
 
http://shop.anniespaperboutique.com/Chocolate-Cupcake-Trendy-Twine-Pink-Brown-Bakers-Twine-TT-108.htm?categoryId=-1
  
Supplies Used:
Trendy Twine: Chocolate Cupcake
Lori Whitlock: Nail Polish Tote
Little Scraps of Heaven Designs: Floppy Bear
Spellbinders: Scalloped Oval
My Craft Spot: Big Sentiments 2
Papertrey Ink: Vintage Cream Cardstock (for Caddy Base)
Ribbon from my stash
Memento and Color Box Inks
White Gel Pen and Pink Chalk
 
As always, I am happy you stopped in today!!! Thank you!
I invite you to stop by my FB page and Pinterest page as well.
 
All of us at Trendy Twine would like to invite you to stop by and pick up some of your own twine or other great crafty products at the store. We also invite you to our FB Group - Twine It Up to share all of your projects.
 
Blessings,
                     
 I will enter this into the following challenges:
DL Art: September Linky Challenge 
Totally Gorguss: #253 String (or Twine)
That Craft Place: Sentimental
613 Avenue Create: #89 Anything Goes
Scrapbook Blessings Club: #29 Anything Goes
Creative Cutting Challenge: #38 Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. I love little 3d Baby Shower decorations...they always impress everyone! This is such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet, sweet shower decoration! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet idea for a centerpiece, Melissa. That little bear is adorable.

    Lesley
    Annie's Paper Boutique & Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so super sweet Melissa!
    AWESOME project

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great project! I love the sweet little bear and the Chocolate Cupcake twine looks awesome with the blue caddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card project?! Just lovely! Thanks for playing along with Scrapbook Blessings Club. I hope you have a blessed day,
    Sandy
    ♥ Scrapbook Blessings Club DT ♥
    ♥ A Working Mom's Joy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very adorable. Thank you for joining in at Scrapbook Blessings Club Challenge # 29 and best of luck with your entry. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea to share a baby gift! Darling. Thanks for joining the Creative Cutting Challenge this week.

    Jan
    CCC DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project, love the cute teddy. Thanks for joining us. Marina. Creative Cutting DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet is this! Perfect for a baby shower. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Cutting Challenge.
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute..thanks for joining us at That Craft Place..Hugz Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete