Tuesday, September 16, 2014

So Thankful for You!

 
It is Fall Y'all! Or at least it feels like it in my part of the country. Temps are in the 60's and the leaves are starting to change colors.
 
Today, I have a card for you using a file from KaDoodle Bug Designs called No Place Like Home.
I had to take the scarecrow off of the Yellow Brick Road.
 
 
The card is a basic A2 size with a background paper from Doodlebug's Happy Harvest from 2013. I enlarged the scarecrow in my Silhouette DE software to fit the front. As I cut the pieces, I inked my edge for that much needed dimension (I can't make a card without doing it!). For the face, I dug through my Peachy Keen face assortments and decided on the Christmas in July Face set. To finish off the scarecrow, I inked the cheeks and added some doodling with my white gel pen.

 
The sentiment had to be something to reflect fall and I think we always associate fall with gratitude, right?! For this, I die cut a Spellbinders' Scalloped Oval and stamped it using My Craft Spot's Simply Sentiment stamp set. After inking the edge of the die, I added the Chocolate Truffle Trendy Twine bow. Both the scarecrow and the sentiment were then pop dotted to the front of the card.

 
Supplies Used:
KaDoodle Bug Designs: No Place Like Home
Trendy Twine: Chocolate Truffle
My Craft Spot: Simply Sentiments
Doodlebug Designs: Happy Harvest 6x6 paper pad (2013)
Spellbinders: Scalloped Ovals
Colorbox Chalk Inks for all the browns
Memento Dye Inks for all the other pieces
 
Thanks for stopping in today! I always enjoy having you here.
I hope you will stop by my FB page and Pinterest page as well!
 
Blessings,
                    
 
I will enter this card into the following challenges:
DL Art: September Linky Challenge 
Totally Gorguss: #253 String (or Twine)
That Craft Place: Sentimental
613 Avenue Create: #89 Anything Goes
Scrapbook Blessings Club: #29 Anything Goes
Creative Cutting Challenge: #38 Anything Goes
Exploring Cricut: Fall is in the Air
Oldie but a Goodie: Autumn
Sister Act: #74 Anything Goes (Cards Only)
Crafty Boots: Anything Goes 9/28

9 comments:

  1. Really sweet card, lovely image and great autumnal colours. Thank you for joining in with all of the fun at the Crafty Boots Anniversary Challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet fall card! The scarecrow is a fun image. Your coloring is well done. I love the background and sentiment. Thanks for playing along with 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, this could not be more precious! It made me smile! Who would not love to receive this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love your card!!! Thanks so much for joining me this week at Exploring Cricut and More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cute.
    Thank you for joining in at Scrapbook Blessings Club Challenge # 29 and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea and use of fall colors! with your image Thanks for joining the Creative Cutting Challenge too!

    Jan
    CCC DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card!!! So love your scarecrow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scarecrow is just super cute! Love the expression you chose for him. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Cutting Challenge.
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorjuss hun. Thanks for joining us at that craft place thus week. Shell xx

    ReplyDelete