Thursday, October 23, 2014

No Place Like Home!

It's time for Challenge #73 at Simply Create Too.
 
Theme: Shopping in Your Craft Room
 
That is right - You can not go out and buy anything new for this challenge. Think of it as an opportunity to clear something out of the way and make room for all those goodies that could pop up under the Christmas tree in a couple of months.
 
Now for my project using paper, embellishments, and twine that was already in my stash.
 
Any of you remember that old saying - There's No Place Like Home?!
 
 
Well then you may just happen to like these cute tags using files from Treasure Box Designs!

 
These were so fun to make! After piecing together my characters, I attached them to tags that I cut out from a file from My Scrap Chick. I then threaded the ribbon through the tag and secured the ribbon with a button and some Totally Natural twine from Trendy Twine. I used inks, a white gel pen, some chalk, and my Micron pen to add details to all my characters.
 
Supplies Used:
Treasure Box Designs: Over the Rainbow
Trendy Twine: Totally Natural
My Scrap Chick: Fall Tree Gift Tag
Papertrey Ink: Vintage Cream (Tag Base)
Basic Grey: Lemonade 6x6 Paper Pad (Tag Patterned Paper)
Various Colored Cardstock for my Characters
 
Here are some close-ups of a few of them:
 

 
 
I am so happy you were able to drop in today. I have a FB page and Pinterest page as well if you would like to keep up with all my latest projects.
 
If there is anyone who is interested in tags similar to these, I would be willing to take a few orders. Please email by clicking on my profile on the top right of my blog. You will find a link to my email there. Thanks so much!
 
Blessings, 
                    
 
I will enter my tags into the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday: #155 Anything Goes
Creative Cutting Challenge: #41 Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #86 Anything Goes
D. L. Art: Oct Anything Goes Linky Party
Scrapbook Blessings Club: #32 Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenge: #117 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers: #54 Anything Goes/Opt Twist - Layer It Up
Crafting for All Seasons: #88 Buttons and Bows

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting your fun art with us this week during our 155th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I’m praying for sweet sunshiny days and I’m sending happy hugs to all. Carole, Encouragement Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, your tags are ADORABLE! I just want to hug them. :o) The characters are all amazing and I love that you used them for sweet tags! Each one is bursting with sweetness and you do such a fabulous job with paper piecing. Lovely work, Melissa! I always leave here with a smile on my face. :o) Have a blessed weekend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your tags are very nice . Thank you for joining Brown Sugar Challenge . Gr Gea B

      Delete
  3. Love all the cuteness of each tags... Thanks for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these tags you have created today and the file you have chosen is the cutest too I am so happy to have stop by your blog today thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun tags! Thanks for joining us on the Creative Cutting Challenge this week.

    Jan
    CCC DT member
    http://izbzee.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Wizard Of Oz tags are so adorable! Thanks for sharing them with us at DTC, DTM, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! these are soooo....cute, I love them:) Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopping by to say "congrats" on Top Honor at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Fabulous project! Love all your tags!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, another awesome set of tags! Love these...so unique!! Thanks for joining us again for "Anything Goes" over at Creative Cutting Challenge.
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am just loving these tags they are wonderful.
    Thank you for sharing over here at SBC and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love your Wizard of Oz tags - how creative!!!! - thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Blessings Club and good luck!!!
    Hugs,
    Lynne, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet!!! Thanks so much for participating in our DECORATE TO CELEBRATE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just too adorable for words all three are so very charming. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting for all Seasons challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete