Friday, October 17, 2014

KC Royals - The King of Baseball

Baseball Fans, Anyone???
 
I have been a baseball fan since I was a small girl. From 1979-84', I believe, I was able to go see the minor league team affiliated with the Chicago Cubs at a stadium along the Mississippi River somewhere in the Davenport, IA area. I can still remember thinking I was at Wrigley Field.
 
While there is still a place in my heart for the Chicago Cubs because of those childhood memories, my hometown is in the Kansas City, MO area. And if you haven't already heard, our KC Royals are going to the World Series for the first time in 29 years. And though I am several hundred miles away from home, I am still rooting for my hometown team!!! Go Royals!
 
 
My dear friend, Melissa Deuss of KaDoodle Bug Designs, is the best. I design for her team, so the other day I asked her if she would make me a baseball lion since the Royals mascot is a lion and this is what she came up with. He is so cute!!! This was the freebie this last Monday on the KBD site and is still available a couple of more days. Best thing is that there is also a digi version, a Print n Cut version, and a Print n Piece version available as freebies this week as well. There are also a few other freebies on the page as well. Stop by the store and pick yours up.
 
Supplies Used:
KaDoodle Bug Designs: King of Baseball Lion
We R Memory Keepers: MVP Paper Pack
Various Cardstocks from my Stash
 
Thanks for dropping in today! Stop by the KaDoodle Bug Designs Fan Page for a contest that will run through Sunday night using the King of Baseball file. You could win a set of your choice from the store. I also invite you to stop by my FB page and Pinterest page as well. Become a follower and keep up with all that is happening on my blog and in my Etsy shop.
 
Blessings,
 
I will enter my card into the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create: #93 Anything Goes
Scrapbook Blessings Club: #31 Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #86 Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Cute image and great DP! We're so happy you stopped by our house at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baseball card is so adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us at Decorate To Celebrate! DTM, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Card ! thank you for sharing over here at SBC and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable Melissa! I am bummed my team got knocked out by the Wild Card Team, but I am/will be rooting for the Royals. It's been a long time coming for them! Yay! So sweet of her to create this for you! Your card is AWESOME~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just Precious my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card:) Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our DECORATE TO CELEBRATE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete