Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Christmas Nativity!

It is hard to believe that the seasons are changing, that there is a chill in the air, and that in just a few short months the snow will be piled up in front of my windows and we will be celebrating again the birth of the Lord Jesus. I love this time of year. Right now the trees are trying to hold onto their rust colored leaves, but when the wind blows they cascade down in beautiful dancing patterns. Soon the kids will be marching from house to house trying to get a treat without a trick!
 
As a crafter, there are so many fun ways to craft in a fashion that highlights all the joys of the next couple of months. But as a believer, that which is most important to me is a reflection on God sending His son in the form of a baby as a guarantee that He is reconciling the whole world to Himself. I am thankful that this story was shared with me and that it changed my life.
 
Last year, I had a dear friend ask me to make her some tags so that she could spread her joy of Jesus to her friends and family. I made these tags this year for her as well. I have one more set of the paper piecings that will go up on my Etsy shop soon if anyone is interested. They are not attached to tags at this point but could be added. And the set I will be selling is different as each character has faux stitching. I will try to photograph them today and have them in my store by tomorrow. You could also send me an email if you think you are interested.
 
Joseph, Mary, and Baby Jesus as he lay in the manger.
 
 
Two shepherds who came to Jesus while he was yet in Bethlehem in the barn were he was born. They praised God for the birth of this child.
 
 
The wise men who saw the star and came from the East to bring gifts when Jesus was a bit older, but no more than two.

 
The gifts of frankincense, gold, and myrrh. Gifts for a king!
 
The story is a wonderful story, a story that I hold dear to my heart and know to be true!
 
Supplies Used:
My Scrap Chick:
 
Carta Bella: Merry and Bright Collection
Papertrey Ink: Vintage Cream Cardstock
Various Inks and Chalks
Silhouette Cameo
 
Here are some close-ups of a few of them:
 
                        
 
   
 
Thank you for coming by today! May God's face shine upon you!
 
Blessings,
                     
 
I will enter these tags into the following challenges:
Silhouette Challenges: #18 Holiday Home Décor 10/31
Word Art Wednesday: #155 Anything Goes
Creative Cutting Challenge: #41 Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #86 Anything Goes
D. L. Art: Oct Anything Goes Linky Party
Scrapbook Blessings Club: #32 Anything Goes

17 comments:

  1. They are as beautiful as you are my friend!!! My favorite project from you!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Migdalia, you always know how to make a friend's day. You have to be one of the most encouraging and loving people I have ever come across. Thank you!

      Hugs, Melissa

      Delete
  2. Adorable. Love these little Nativity tags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tags are darling. You've done an amazing job, and I'm SO grateful that you have taken the time to share with us. Have a blessed week and please stop by again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karen! And thank you for dropping by my blog as well!

      Delete
  4. Melissa, your tags are precious!! I absolutely love the way you've told the story through tags. Each one is so sweet. I think this is my favourite nativity cut-out set. You've showcased it so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate! I am so glad you like them! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Many blessings to you!

      Delete
  5. These tags are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at SBC. Cindy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling tags! Thanks for joining us in the Creative Cutting Challenge!

    Happy Crafting!
    Jan
    CCC DT Member
    http://izbzee.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tags are so beautiful and adorable! Thanks for sharing them with us at Decorate To Celebrate! DTM, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and sweet tags:) Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa these are all beautiful, I have a friend that has been looking for a nativity scene to help teach her young granddaughter and I think these would be perfect.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Silhouette Challenges.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful set of tags...they are lovely! Thanks for joining us for "Anything Goes" over at Creative Cutting Challenge.
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute and bright, Thanks for joining us. Marina. Creative Cutting DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Tags.
    Thanks you for sharing with us over here at SBC and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!! Just beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our DECORATE TO CELEBRATE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete