Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Fall Card!

I think that fall is the most beautiful time of the year! And I am lucky enough to live in a place where the colors are spectacular. And as I look out my window in my craft area, and see the changing leaves; I can't help but to want to put together projects that reflect what I see.
 
My Scrap Chick has a file called Fall Card and it is perfect for my mood!
 
 
I also used the MSC file called Halloween Treat Boxes for the pumpkin.
 
I cut and inked all the pieces that came with the Fall Card file. I then stamped my sentiment onto the Vintage Cream Cardstock by Papertrey Ink using a sentiment from My Craft Spot's Chalkboard Sentiments Fall stamp set. As I began to place the pieces, I decided to cut a mat for the sentiment piece to add one more layer of color. Because the sentiment mentions pumpkins, I also decided to reduce the size of the pumpkin from the treat box set and place it on the bottom corner of the card. The pumpkin and the leaves were all attached with pop dots. It was a simple card to put together, but it speaks about fall to me. Best thing is that any sentiment could be stamped on the inside making it useful for fall birthdays, Thinking of You cards, Thank You cards, and so many more.
 
Supplies Used -
 
My Scrap Chick:
 
My Craft Spot:
 
Various Cardstocks from my stash
including Papertrey Ink, Bazzill, and American Crafts
 
Thanks for dropping in! Please stop by my FB page and Pinterest page as well.
  
Many Blessings,
                               
 
I will enter my card into the following challenges:
Pile It On - #40 Autumn
Word Art Wednesday: #153 Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: #92 Anything Goes
Open-Minded Crafting Fun: #20 Fall/Autumn

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful fall card! The My Craft Spot sentiment is simply perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Melissa and all it's warm and bright fall colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 153rd challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete