Saturday, December 13, 2014

Guest Designing for Jaded Blossom - Elf with Sign Gift Bag

Happy Sunday, friends!!! Today I am Guest Designing with Jaded Blossom. I want to send a huge thank you to Candace and Michelle for the opportunity.
 
I find myself needing gift bags of all types and sizes as Christmas approaches, so I thought I would share one with you. I think it turned out super cute and I hope you like it too.
 
 
 
I decided to start with a file that I go back to time and time again. It is the Dinosaur Handled Bag from SVG Cutting Files. I really like the shape of this bag and it is so super easy to assemble. I used a sheet of patterned paper from the Christmas Cottage collection by Teresa Collins. For the elf, I used a file that I have had for a while from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs called Christmas Elf with Sign. He has been on my list to make for a couple of Christmas's now, so I am glad I finally did. (Unfortunately I could not find him in the store now. Sorry about that.) His face is from the Peachy Keen Christmas in July Face Assortment. Before attaching the little guy to the bag, I wrapped the bag with a piece of crinkle ribbon and tied a bow. I then threaded my button with some Holly Berry Trendy Twine and again tied that into a bow and attached it to the ribbon. I finished it all off with a sentiment from Jaded Blossom. I used a stamp from the Christmas Wishes set. This stamp set is one of my favorites and I go back to it over and over again as well.

Here is a close up of the sentiment.


Well after finishing up the bag, I couldn't help but think that the little guy would also make for a sweet gift card holder too; so back to the crafting table I went!
 
 
 I again used pattern paper from the Christmas Cottage collection and cut out a policy envelope cut file (not sure where I got this one from). The envelope measures 2 1/2"x3 3/4". I decided to change the elf up by reversing the colors and of course finished him off with another sentiment from the Christmas Wishes stamp set from Jaded Blossom.

(Edit to my post: Found my policy envelope - It is from SVG Cutting Files: Decorative Edge Policy Envelope and you can find it here.)
 Make sure you stop by the Jaded Blossom blog and leave a comment on my post and all the other Guest Design posts for this month. There are prizes that will be won by someone for doing so!
 
Thank you for dropping by here!
I invite you to follow me on my Facebook and Pinterest pages as well.
 
Blessings,
                     
 
I will enter the Elf Gift Bag into the following challenges:
DL Art December Linky Challenge: Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #90 Anything Goes
Stuck on U Sketches: Die Cut - Anything Christmas 12/25

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous set...love that winking elf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMWORD Melissa! That gift bag is so so CUTE along with that adorable gift card... LOVE them both! Congrats on the Guest Designer spot! You did a fabulous job! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your GDS over at JB!! A Super cute gift and and an adorable gift card!!
    Awesome job on both!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful projects! I love that you made a coordinating card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these projects are too cute ! the elf is darling !! love all the touches ribbon, twine, face etc.... awesome job ! thanks for GD for us today !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little elf is adorable and I love him holding the signs. I do really like the button with the ribbon! Fab Job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love that little elf and his face is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Miranda,
    Great work as always! Your gift bag and gift card holder are adorable and so appropriate for the season. Thanks for leaving these on our front porch here at 613 Avenue Create; we were delighted to find them there.
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry but that winking elf totally cracked me up!
    Super, duper fun! Love it!
    Thanks for also sharing with us ladies at Stuck on U Sketches!

    Warmly, Leah (SOUS DT leader)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is adorable!!! The elf makes me smiling :D Thanks for sharing with us at SOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness these are adorable and I totally agree with the ladies the winking got me:) Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh that is so super cute..
    Thanks for sharing with us girls over at SOUS
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is fabulous!! Awesome job. Thanks so much for being a guest designer this month for Jaded Blossom!
    ~Candace
    JB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  14. A cute. Brilliant how you have the elf holding the sign. The face is perfect on your elf as week. So nice to have had you join us this month at JB

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea for Christmas packaging, Melissa. And the card is very nice too.
    Eli for SOUS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful gift bag. Love the colours and design. Thank you for playing with us at 613 Avenue Create using our twist this week. Hope to see you again soon.
    Cheers,
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute-- love his face! Thanks for creating with us at CardzTV Stamps!

    ReplyDelete