Sunday, December 28, 2014

Santa and His Reindeer Gift Box!

One more Christmas project to share with you and then it is time to think about the new year and all the fun projects the year will bring. I made this gift box for my Sister in Law to hold some BBW hand soaps. As soon as I saw this file of Santa in the Silhouette store, I knew had to use him somehow. I know that this Santa will be used next year too.
 
Using the same Nail Polish Tote from Lori Whitlock that I used to make my Baby Sock Tote with this last September, I sized it even larger this time to hold the hand soap bottles. I used some heavy cardstock from my stash and decorated it using paper from Echo Park's Tis the Season Paper Pad that I picked up from Annie's Paper Boutique (Home of Trendy Twine). I then opened up the Santa Sleigh Silhouetted by the Moon file (#52304) and altered it so that I would only have one reindeer and sized it for the front of the box. I used heavy black textured cardstock from my stash for this. I also die cut a Spellbinders Oval die with my Cuttlebug and stamped it using a stamp from My Craft Spot's Naughty or Nice stamp set. Once I figured out how I wanted my Santa placed on the box, I wrapped some Holly Berry Trendy Twine around it. I added the Santa silhouette and the sentiment with pop dots. This was one of my favorite creations of the season.
 
 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by today! Hope to have you here again soon.
You can also find me on Facebook and Pinterest.
 
Blessings,
                      
 
Challenges:
DL Art December Linky Challenge: Anything Goes
PDE Linky Party: Anything Goes
My Craft Spot: #162 Bags and Boxes
613 Ave Create: #104 Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Perfect holiday gift. I will need this one for next year or even for birthdays throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Miranda! this is quite lovely and so well done...as usual! Thanks for leaving this on our front step here at 613 Avenue Create, we were delighted to find it there!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift tote!! Love the papers and that fabulous Santa and reindeer!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Anything Goes' Linky Party at PDE!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this idea. Thank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
    ~Janis, PDE Linky Party owner
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Such a great project. Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope to see you again soon.
    Cheers,
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Melissa! I pray you had a beautiful holiday season. Your box is adorable and I'm sure your sister-in-law loves it! The style itself is fantastic, but of course I am enamored with your sweet design. The paper is so pretty, the silhouette Santa and reindeer is adorable, and of course the sentiment is perfect. Speaking of which... I can't thank you enough for all of the support you have always shown Kimberly! She means so much to me and you have been a constant encourager of the team on her blog and an enthusiastic customer for her store. You have always showcased her goodies so beautifully, which I'm sure she appreciated. And thank you for sharing your creativity once again with us at My Craft Spot!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete