Monday, December 1, 2014

Trendy Twine's Christmas Tin Blog Hop

Good Morning and welcome to the

Trendy Twine Christmas Tin Blog Hop

It's a perfect way to start the month of December and a special 12 days of Christmas celebration where the DT will be WOWing you all with creative gift giving ideas using Trendy Twine (of course) as well as other products found in the Trendy Twine store. But we will have more on that tomorrow.

Today the DT is showcasing all the different "tins" that are offered in the Trendy Twine store and getting you all in the gift giving mood!

Sit back, grab your favorite beverage, and get ready to be inspired!
 
If you have come here from Tammy, then you are in the right spot. If you just happened on to my page, you may want to start back at the Trendy Twine blog so as not to miss any of the great creations we have for you.
 
Today, I am using the Small Treat Tin for my project.
 
 
For me, Christmas is Christ! So I wanted to start my December
with a reminder of His birth in the manger.
 
I used Carta Bella's Merry and Bright paper collection to decorate my tin on the top and on the bottom half sides. I used design #49706 from the Silhouette Store to make cutting my pieces easier. It was a bit off, but I altered it to make it work. I then added Holly Berry Trendy Twine around the top sides by adding tape along the length of the sides to hold the twine. My paper piecing of Baby Jesus comes from My Scrap Chick's Christmas Nativity 1 - Manger set. I altered the manger a bit as well. The sentiment is from My Craft Spot's Tiny Tags Christmas stamp set. I stamped it on to a die cut from Spellbinder's Nested Ovals set. I used pop dots to add Baby Jesus in the Manger. I finished it all off with a bow of Holly Berry Trendy Twine above my sentiment and some small gems. This little tin is perfect for storing 25 Advent scripture cards for your daily readings. It is also a great size to put in a few pieces of candy to give someone as a treat.
 
 
Here are my supplies from the Trendy twine store:
 
 
 
 
 
 It is a blog hop so there has to be prizes, right! We will actually have two lucky winners. Each winner will receive a spool of Candy Cane Trendy Twine and a set of printable Christmas tags. To win, all you need to do is leave a comment on each blog and become a follower of each blog as well.
 
 
 
 
Be watching the Trendy Twine blog as Day 2 of the Trendy Twine 12 Days of Christmas happens tomorrow. We have 11 more days of gift packaging ideas coming your way!!!
 
Head on over to Jessi's for your last stop on the hop. I am so glad you joined us today!

Here is the complete line-up if you need it:
Trendy Twine
Jessica
Migdalia
Sukie
Shelly
Helen
Kim
Beth
Tammy
Melissa
Jessi
 
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you will visit my 
Facebook and Pinterest pages as well.

Blessings,
                     
 
Day 2 of the scripture reading that I am following this Advent season:
 
1 Corinthians 1:3-9
 
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I give thanks to God always for you because of the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus, that in every way you were enriched in him with all speech and all knowledge--even as the testimony to Christ was confirmed among you--so that you are not lacking in any spiritual gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ; who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
 
 
Brown Sugar Challenge: #142 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers: #58 Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks: #222 Die Cuts
Word Art Wednesday: #160 Anything Goes
Love to Create Challenge: #144 Get in Shape
Scrapbook Blessings Club: #35 Anything Goes Mini Challenge
DL Art Thankful Thursday: #145 Any Winter Holiday
DL Art December Linky Challenge: Anything Goes 12/31

38 comments:

  1. I love your tin! I've had my eye on that MSC manger and Michelle told me last week her store was on sale for $1! So it shall come live at my house. Beautiful box. I was also excited to see that I already own that tin cut. Yay! You always make such fabulous projects. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! I love the manager image! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, how awe, how very precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tin is wonderful! What a great way to share the true meaning of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Miranda! I love that set of SVGs too. TFS :)

    Michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwww this really is adorable! I love the baby Jesus :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Glad to see the link to the reason for the season.
    thanks for sharing a great tin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this and your sentiment is just perfect! Thanks for sharing your advent scripture reading too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo, I love you tin! So simple, but yet so beautiful. Great job, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just Stunning and so BEAUTIFUL!! The Manger set is so Pretty! I love it!!!
    Thank you for the day 2 scripture.... I love it!!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty tin, love the gorgeous paper you used with the touch of sparkle! Adorable little tag for your sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful altered tin Melissa! AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super cute! Great way to cover the tin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful - the image and the papers are lovely! Love the idea of covering a tin! Thanks for joining us at The Scrapbook Blessings Club and good luck!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEAUTIFUL! This Manger tin is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. that is just darling! the tiny pearls really add the right touch to your tin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a precious tin, and so special for our Christmas season! Thank you for your sweet remarks and am so happy to finding you! Am your newest follower! Love the manger especially!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't this the sweetest little tin! Wonderful to see your precious manger scene in such festive colors. I love the faux stitching, the sentiment/bow and that darling wee baby. This is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. THanks so much for sharing your WONDERFUL art with us. I love having you play along.
    Please join us again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  20. Melissa, this is precious! Every sweet detail warms my sparkly heart... you are so talented! Your creations are always filled with love and happiness. This cut file is amazing, the twine is lovely, and I adore the sentiment! Beautifully done! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute treat tin, Melissa! Thanks so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  22. He is beautiful thank you for joing Brown Sugar Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  23. Melissa, this is amazing - the true meaning of Christmas. I love it. Everything about your treat is absolutely perfect.

    Thanks so much for participating in our hop.

    Lesley
    Annie's Paper Boutique & Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a lovely idea, perfect for your theme. Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers & good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely job altering the tin! Thank you for joining our "Get in Shape" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza ~ LTC Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous tin!! It will make a great gift box!! THANKS for joining us at Love to Create!! Good luck!
    Hugs,
    Chris - DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is GREAT
    Thank you for sharing over here at SBC and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a beautiful tin, I love it Melissa!

    ReplyDelete