Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Marvel Heroes Invites!

So this Saturday is my son's birthday and every year he has a super hero party. It's been this way since he wrapped his mind around the idea that he is Spiderman. This year, I decided to focus on a few of the Marvel characters to shake it up a bit. LOL!
 
Here are some of the invitations that I made him. I also made some Hulk invites, but the photos didn't turn out well and of course the invites have been handed out.
 
 

I made 6 Spidey cards in all. These are the 3 that I got good pictures of.  Five of them were handed out and the one below was kept for keepsake purposes.
 

 
Next is Thor! He is too cute! I put the wings on the helmet wrong on one of them, but I actually like it! Kind of wished I did it that way on both of them.

 
I picked up the backgrounds papers from Michael's. It is the Marvel Comics kit. The paper isn't very good quality (copy paper thin which is not my favorite at all),
but it works perfectly for the way I used it.

 
When making my squares for the card base, I just cut the center one from the outer one with my Cameo as it is easy to center them in the software and then I made my mat for the inner square just a bit larger and lined up the paper when attaching it to the card base. I really like the effect!
 
 
The last set is Captain America. These are probably my favorite of all of them. I really like the backgrounds on these two cards. Especially the one below as you can see Captain America peeking out from behind the Comic Cutie Captain America. Just makes me smile!
 
 
These were all so much fun to make and I really like how they turned out!!! The cards are all A2 size (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") and the inside square mat measures 4 1/2" x 3 1/4". I used various cardstocks for the piecings, but most of it is Bazzill and American Crafts brands.
 
Oh and you should know, these are really pretty easy. I whipped up 12 cards in total (5 Saturday night and 6 Sunday night) with a sinus headache so that they could be given out on Sunday at church and Monday at school. Being sick and having Spring Break really put me behind. I'm hoping some kiddos actually show up!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by! I truly appreciate it! I invite you to check out my Facebook and Pinterest pages as well. They are a great place to keep up with updates to all my crafting adventures. And remember, if you ever see something you are interested in, please leave me a message. I definitely do custom work and would be glad to help you with your card and project needs!
 
Blessings,
                   
 
Challenges:
DL Art: April Anything Goes Linky Challenge
Crafting for all Seasons: #100 Milestone Celebrations
Craft Your Passion: #257 Always Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday: #179 Anything Goes
613 Ave Create: #119 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers: #75 Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. I just found out where your paper is from so ignore my question on Facebook :) These invitations are so awesome! Everything fromantic the piecing of the characters to the background papers to the way you created the background layers is just so perfect. I am sure your son is thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these cards!!! The paper is perfect and the images are simply too fun! Your son's invitations are AWESOME!!! Since we have the same Birthday... wish him a very Happy Birthday from me!!! We Aries gotta stick together! LOL

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did a really great
    job on your super
    heroes!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Melissa! This are just darlin'! Nice, creative work, as always! Thanks for dropping these into the mailbox at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theses are simply adorable! My son would love to get an invite like this! Love how you created Thor! (he is my favorite) Thanks for joining in the Craft Your Passion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable, and SO super creative. Great job, and you've really been a busy crafter. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and share your wonderful art in our challenge. I appreciate it more than you will ever know.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all adorable! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create and I hope you'll join us again soon.

    Hugs,
    Em AKA Creative Em
    613 Avenue Create DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous display and gorgeous image and colours used. Thanks for joining in to celebrate our 100 milestone celebration...xx aNNie...{Crafting For All Seasons DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just FaNTAsTIC! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Crafting for all Seasons challenge blog.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT x

    ReplyDelete