Friday, August 7, 2015

Jaded Blossom August Release Blog Hop - Guest Designer

Hey Everyone!
 
 
Now if you're here from Candace you're in the right place; if you're just passing through, start at the beginning because you don't want to miss a thing. I also have the complete line up at the bottom.
 
I know you have been waiting all week for this hop! And I have really enjoyed sharing projects with you as this month's guest designer!!! Thank you, Candace and Michelle, for making me a part of the JB family for the month of August.This month's release has so many great stamp sets for so many occasions.
 
For my hop project, I decided to use the stamp set Encouragement again and to make my own tag using one of the border dies from the new Label Dies:
 
 So today, I am "Sending You Lots of Encouragement"

 
I used the fun acorn box from the Acorn Autumn SVG Kit from SVG Cuts. I made the large one at the size it imported and then reduced the file to make two smaller acorns. The designer paper is from Basic Grey. The embossing on all three lids was done with the Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes embossing folder.
 

 I used one of the border dies to make my sentiment from the new Label Dies. To do it, I took a piece of paper that was about an inch wider than the sentiment and ran the die through my Cuttlebug on one side then turned the paper the other direction and ran it through again leaving just enough space to add my sentiment. I then stamped my sentiment. Once the sentiment was stamped, I knew how wide the tag needed to be. That allowed me to die cut both sides using just the straight portion of the border die. I hope that all made sense. LOL! There are so many ways these fun border dies can be used!!!
 
 
I think this sentiment is done in such a great font. You could practically make any kind of treat/gift box, fill it with some fun candies or a small gift, and use this sentiment and you'd have a wonderful gift to brighten anyone's day.
 
 
Now here is all the fun release info and hop info you will want to know!!!
 
 
Regular Price for the Release Package is $132

 
1 - Free 3x4 Stamp for customers that spend $40 or more before Taxes and Shipping! FREEBIE is only available until Sunday 8/9, 11:59pm pst.
 
THE WORLD


Of course, here is what everyone will receive when they order our New Release.

 

BLOG CANDY
 

1 Lucky Winner will get to pick a stamp set of their choice!

 Just leave a comment on all the blogs along the hop!

The more blogs you comment on the more chances you have to win!

Now on to the HOP....

Next up is Candace O.
Just in case you get lost here is the Entire Line Up:

Candace 
Melissa (August Guest Designer)
Sara
Michelle



Thank you for hopping with us today. I really enjoy your comments and can't wait to read them!!! I invite you to follow me here on my blog or to look for me on my  Facebook and Pinterest pages.

Also I am only a couple of hundred blog hits away from 50,000 visitors here on my blog. Look for a fun giveaway on Monday to celebrate!!!

Blessings,
                       

47 comments:

  1. The paper you used for the top of the acorn is very realistic! The acorn came out great. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Melissa! Wonderful job on the acorn! Love the encouragement set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice treat box. I really like the embossing on the tops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable acorns! Also great job all week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The acorns are so cute. I like the effect on the crowns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall can't come soon enough! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooo me encanta tu box, beutiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this sweet acorn box! And the tag just makes it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful tag for the cute acorn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your projects have been fantastic! What a great release!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your acorns are adorbs, love 'em

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your acorns are darling ... and the prize inside is yummy too ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is amazing. Great work, I'll have to check it out. I love acorns.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The acorns are AMAZING! Love your project. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those acorns are awesome!! Great Job this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your acorn is wonderful! Might have to go shopping. You are right about using the encouragement stamps, they are super, so many ideas for using them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is just too cool! The embossing is the perfect touch. Very nice job! And so fun to have you join us this month!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow Melissa! Your project is beautiful! amazing details and the perfect sentiment!!! You've done an amazing job all week!!! Thanks for inspiring! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great project. Love the acorn treat boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is stunning! Love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous project, and will look stunning in a bowl as a centerpiece with Fall coming.. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. wonderful project! The label added an adorable embellishment. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just love the acorns. I also made them 3 years ago and have them on my mantle every fall. I never thought about making smaller ones. Adding a sentiment is the thing I forgot. I guess I need some great stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh WOW! What a great project! Would be so cute to use for place settings! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Simply Beautiful my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful projects all week! Your acorn box is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is the cutest craft box,,, I have never seen the acorn box before... love love love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable little Acorn Boxes!! Love what you did with the new Label Dies!! Great Idea to use them for a Sentiment Tag!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's gorgeous, Melissa!! I love the embossing and the patterned papers you used! The inking and the delicate ribbon/bow looks so great! Love the cute tag/stamp too! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cool and hit home for me. While going thru medical treatments i had a wonderful nurse of Scandinavian culture. She gave me a tiny silver acorn charm with a story of how the little acorn no matter how knocked down/stepped on it became, it would still have the ability to grow into a strong oak, So the encouragement sentiment fits this just perfectly with your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you so much for sharing your story with me. I pray that healing has come to you; or will come soon if you are still undergoing treatments. Isaiah 61:1-3 is a beautiful passage about binding up those in need and God establishing them as Oaks of Righteousness for His glory. May you be blessed always!

      1The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,
      Because the LORD has anointed me
      To bring good news to the afflicted;
      He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
      To proclaim liberty to captives
      And freedom to prisoners;

      2To proclaim the favorable year of the LORD
      And the day of vengeance of our God;
      To comfort all who mourn,

      3To grant those who mourn in Zion,
      Giving them a garland instead of ashes,
      The oil of gladness instead of mourning,
      The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting.
      So they will be called oaks of righteousness,
      The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.

      Delete