Sunday, August 2, 2015

Jaded Blossom Guest Designer - August Monthly Challenge

I have been waiting for months for this and it is finally here!!!
I am guest designing for the month of August for


Yippee!!! I am so excited!

It is time for the August Monthly Challenge.
Theme: Back to School

Here is my project:


I used the Jaded Blossom stamp set Superstar  and the 1x8" Clear Bags.

I truly believe that a child who knows how to read and to write has the potential to reach for whatever they want. I am going to send this project to school with my youngest on the first day for the teacher. I also have pencils for all the classmates.


I started with a tin can that I picked up at the dollar section of Target. I pieced together this super cute file from Treasure Box Designs called Teeny Treasures School. I stamped it with the "Reach for the Stars" sentiment.


I then added a pencil to (12) 1x8" clear bags. I cut 12 stars from the Treasure Box Designs Teeny Treasures Unicorn set and stamped just the word "Star!" from the "You're a Star" sentiment and attached them to the top. I arranged them in the bucket using kraft Paper Crinkles from Michaels to keep them in place. (Add the pencils first and then fill in with the crinkle paper. It will make the process so much easier!)

Thank you for stopping in today to get the details on my Back to School proect! I hope you will join me and all of the Jaded Blossom DT tomorrow for Day 1 of Sneaks for the August release.

Remember to share all your Jaded Blossom projects in their Garden of Creativity FB group. And browse all their great products in the JB store.

This month's JB Monthly Spotlight stamp set is Lunch Box Notes 2. It is on sale all month long for $10.99 (or until the run out of stock) so hurry over to snag it.


To follow me, you can hit the follower button here on my blog, or stop by my Facebook and Pinterest pages and keep up with all my crafty creations there.

Blessings,
                     
Challenges:
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog: #157 Animals
613 Avenue Create: #135 Anything Goes
Scrapbook Blessings Club: August Anything Goes
DL Art August Linky Challenge: Anything Goes
Simply Create Too: #91 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday: #194 Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate: #105 Anything Goes

15 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So Happy for you!!! Congrats on the GD Spot at Jaded Blossom! They have such awesome stuff and I look forward to seeing your other creations!!! :) This is so dang CUTE!!! LOVE that sweet worm and what a cute idea for back to school! :) Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you my friend!! Well deserved! The tin can is just ADORABLE!!
    I love that it is a back to school theme!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fun! The kids will love them~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea, that you put into a picture. Reach for the stars is surely a super sentiment and using a pencil and paper is great. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, on our 194th challenge.
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOO stinking cute ! love those blue glasses on him hahaha too cute !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a super project Melissa I just love what you did for the back to school challenge
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes AUGUST Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS congrats on your guest designer spot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. My gift for my kids teacher are MY KIDS!! Seriously this is such a wonderful thought and I think I may have to CASE this idea!! Very creative, thoughtful and so useful.. Good luck on the first day as giving your children away can be pretty hard.. Thank you so much for joining us at BSCB.
    Shawna- DT BSCB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! What a fun idea for a teacher! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Melissa!! This is sooo great!! I love how you added the stars to the top of the pencil bags!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is this!!! super idea and lovely pics. Thank you so much for playing in our neighbourhood 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope you stop by to play again next week.
    Keep Smilin',
    Stacey xxx
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, having a teacher in the family, you gave me a great idea!

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Scrapbook Blessings Club!
    ♥ ScrapBook Blessings Club DT ♥
    Brenda, Disney Girl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute project, Melissa!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Blessings Club! :o)

    ReplyDelete