Friday, December 4, 2015

Treasure Tag Christmas Dog - Day 5 of 12 Days of Christmas Tags

Welcome to Day 5! We are almost to the half way mark. This one is dedicated to all you dog lovers out there!!!

Day 4 Winners:

Sarah Biswabic - Treasure Tags Santa and Ornament and Polaroid Pals Santa Card Files

Linda K. - Finished Tag and Card from Day 4

You can reach me by email or by private message in Facebook at M Miranda Creations. You have 5 days to claim your prize.

This is the Treasure Tag Xmas Dog from



Because I always like to make a piecing my own when I make something, I often change a little something. Usually it is the eyes, but I left those alone on this one. For this little guy, I decided to not use the bone. So now someone will ask, how did you get the outer layer to work for this then. I am going to try to explain how with some screenshots.

So here is the file I used from Treasure Box Designs:



You will notice that the very bottom layer of the tag, the lighter blue color, wraps around the right end of the bone. If I don't want to use the bone, I have to fix that layer in my software before cutting out my pieces. I need to explain upfront that I use the Cameo with the Designer Edition software with all upgrades (vs. 3). I know that what I am about to show you works in other software as well; but because this is all I use at this time, this is the only one I am going to explain it in. Thank you for understanding!!!

To see the photos better, just double click them to make them larger. 


First, I pieced together my dog and the base of the tag minus the bottom layer on my virtual mat. I want to see how it is all going to look to be able to add that bottom layer of the base back correctly.


I then placed my dog over the tag base just where I want him. I still want his ear and hind leg playfully hanging over the edge of the tag. Once I have him where I want him, I hit the offset button (it is the one highlighted in blue in the top right tool strip). 


Before I actually offset anything, I have to make sure that the dog and tag base are all grouped together as one piece. Then click on Offset over in the right box. It will automatically give you an offset layer at 0.125, but I chose to change my offset to 0.100. At this offset measurement, it looks closer to the original layer.


The offset shows up as a line with no color in it. I click on the offset line so that it is the only thing that is highlighted with a box around it and then open up the Fill Color Tool. I choose the color I want from the box that pops up and change the color of that bottom layer.


Voila! Now, I am ready to separate the pieces on my mat and use my Cameo to cut them out.

Well, I hope that was helpful for someone. Thanks for baring through it with me, because I know what you really want me to tell you about is today's blog candy.

Today's Blog Candy:

One lucky winner will receive the Treasure Tag Xmas Dog file!!! Yeah!

To win, you must do the following:

Head on over to the Treasure Box Designs Facebook fan page and find the post there about this tag and hit the share button. A like and a comment would be nice too, especially if you would like to tell Dina thank you for sponsoring all these prizes. 

Hope you will stop back by here tomorrow to find out who the Day 5 winner is and to see what else I have made to inspire you! Thank you so much for being a part of all this. It means a lot to me.

Blessings,
                      

Challenges:
DL Art December Linky Challenge: Anything Goes
Silhouette Monthly Showcases: #32 Anything Goes
DL Art Thankful Thursday: #169 Christmas 
Decorate to Celebrate: #114 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday: #212 Anything Goes

20 comments:

  1. Super cut tag and file...thank for showing how you changed the outer layer for those who may just be learning...I've use Pazzles and know my way round it very well...but I also have a Cameo and never used it yet...this will help if I came remember it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks adorable without his bone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful way to change
    this up a little. Looks so
    festive! Liked and shared
    on FB.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Super CUTE! LOVE the tutorial! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, Lovely tutorial, colours Great inspiration for a newbie..

    ReplyDelete
  6. TFS! Always nice to see how something is designed and made! Darling tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a darling tag Melissa! Great tutorial!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag. I love the cute dog. Thank you for joining the DL.ART December Linky Challenge. Katie-DL.ART-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet dog tag (ha ha). I love it. Great tutorial also.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes DECEMBER Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daisy my dog & I both like the Dog Tag. Thank you for entering DLART Christmas challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    DLART Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute tag! Thank you for joining our challenge over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete